Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking at various trim levels and option packages for existing Mazda models available in the U.S ,I am troubled that I am unlikely to be able to option out a Cx3 as I would like. Specifically , in order to get Nav you must purchase the highest trim level available, paying an extra 3 grand or so for items I care nothing about. Worse yet they all come with a sunroof which I detest. More weight in the worst possible location,badly diminished headroom, and an extra possible source of rattles and wind noise. I would pay 500 to delete it!!
Even more maddening , the Australians get the top 3 of 4 trim levels With Nav standard .We have but 3 trim levels with much less flexibility in option packaging ..No diesel,No manual.

On top of that we wil be the last major market served.
Why on earth is the largest market treated like a rented mule?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Looking at various trim levels and option packages for existing Mazda models available in the U.S ,I am troubled that I am unlikely to be able to option out a Cx3 as I would like. Specifically , in order to get Nav you must purchase the highest trim level available, paying an extra 3 grand or so for items I care nothing about. Worse yet they all come with a sunroof which I detest. More weight in the worst possible location,badly diminished headroom, and an extra possible source of rattles and wind noise. I would pay 500 to delete it!!
Even more maddening , the Australians get the top 3 of 4 trim levels With Nav standard .We have but 3 trim levels with much less flexibility in option packaging ..No diesel,No manual.

On top of that we wil be the last major market served.
Why on earth is the largest market treated like a rented mule?
You can buy the Navigation system from a dealer I believe. You can also buy it from Ebay or aftermarket companies even Amazon has it. $500 gets you the SD card and the plastic piece that needs to be "popped" into a slot on the left side of the driver. At least this is true for the Mazda 3 and the CX-5. Youtube has videos showing exactly what to do.

Does that help?!

I am thinking of getting the Touring trim and aftermarketing the navi system.

·
Registered
265 Posts
At least with going aftermarket navi, you don't have to worry about paying for updates to the maps as apparently with some car makers you have to when using their navi.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts