Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
RFT's can be noisy and harsh if not equipped from the factory. My BMW had RFTs and suspension tuning was considered due to the stiff sidewall of the RFT. Not sure if I'd recommend them on the CX3. It can be somewhat loud and harsh as is unless the streets are super smooth.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I wouldn't do it (change to RFTs). A few years back, I testdrove a Toyota RAV4 Sport model with Bridgestone RFTs. I did not like the ride and thought them a bit harsher than the same car with standard tires. Researching opinions of others who have or had them (many BMW owners), some were so dissatisfied, they actually swapped back to standard tires. Also, while run-flats will get you safely to your destination (at a reduced speed), you'll likely have to buy a new tire once you get there, as oftentimes they are not repairable.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Another vote against run flats.
As stated the benefit of a run flat is get you to your destination, that's about it.

J.D. Power study found that “customers with vehicles equipped with run-flat tires are nearly twice as likely as those with vehicles equipped with standard tires to have to replace a tire due to a flat or blowout.”
that was found at https://www.tirereview.com/run-flat-tires/

Most reviews appear to be similar.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the comments. I didn't go with them in the end, bought WRG3 which are a big improvement over the stock tires. I did find it interesting on the Mazda site for the Driveguard that there is a 30 day trial period in which you can bring the tires back. That says alot about the customer potentially not liking the ride/sound/performance!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Another vote against run flats.
As stated the benefit of a run flat is get you to your destination, that's about it.

J.D. Power study found that “customers with vehicles equipped with run-flat tires are nearly twice as likely as those with vehicles equipped with standard tires to have to replace a tire due to a flat or blowout.”
that was found at https://www.tirereview.com/run-flat-tires/

Most reviews appear to be similar.
My wife's Sienna had 3 flats in 20,000 miles. We switched to regular tires and didn't have another flat in 60,000 miles. In fact, they are her only flats in 40 years. And the double whammy is that they can't be fixed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.