Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did the oil change on my CX-3 of 2018 but the yellow wrench light remained on, I did the reset from the MAZDA conncet but nothing happened. Could anyone give me info on how to do the reset?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Welcome to the forum :)
You have to reset the actual service not just the system counter/reminder (oil change specifically) - you'll find it here somewhere on the forum.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[QUOTE = "Zechariah936, post: 186057, member: 17634"]
Benvenuto nel forum :)
Devi reimpostare il servizio effettivo non solo il contatore / promemoria del sistema (in particolare il cambio dell'olio): lo troverai qui da qualche parte sul forum.
[/CITAZIONE]
I reset the service and did the reset but the yellow light did not go out and there is no alert in the MAZD Connect

·
Registered
95 Posts
Have you checked to see if you are being reminded about tire rotation or scheduled service? Either one of those will also illuminate the wrench symbol on the dash, even if those service requirements are still weeks or hundreds of kilometres away.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you checked to see if you are being reminded about tire rotation or scheduled service? Either one of those will also illuminate the wrench symbol on the dash, even if those service requirements are still weeks or hundreds of kilometres away.
Yes, no request from the MAZDA Connect occurred

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yes, no request from the MAZDA Connect occurred
I don't know what MAZDA Connect is.
If you have the Audio System with a touchscreen, select Applications, then select Maintenance. Once there you will see Scheduled Maintenance, Oil Change, Tire Rotation and one other I think. If you look at each item you should see if any of those are telling you that an upcoming service is approaching. If they are, then that's why the wrench is still illuminated.
If you have the Audio System without the touchscreen the reset procedure is different. Check your manual for the steps to reset.
If these don't work it looks like a trip to your dealer is in your future.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The procedure you say has been done but the yellow light remains on, and the tire rotation is expected in 15000 km. No error displayed on my touchscreen

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have no further suggestions.
If you can't reset it yourself then it must be something the dealer needs to look at.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Have you followed the Vehicle Engine Control Unit Reset Procedure on page 571 (?) section 6-27 of the 2018 Owner's Manual? Here's an extract :-

The initialization (engine oil data resetting) of the recorded value can be performed using the following procedure:

1. Switch the ignition OFF.
2. Switch the ignition ON with the selector pressed, and press and hold the selector for about 5 seconds until the master warning light flashes.
3. After the master warning light flashes for several seconds, the initialization is completed.

The selector is a thin stalk that sticks out near the top right side of the instrument display area.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have you followed the Vehicle Engine Control Unit Reset Procedure on page 571 (?) section 6-27 of the 2018 Owner's Manual? Here's an extract :-

The initialization (engine oil data resetting) of the recorded value can be performed using the following procedure:

1. Switch the ignition OFF.
2. Switch the ignition ON with the selector pressed, and press and hold the selector for about 5 seconds until the master warning light flashes.
3. After the master warning light flashes for several seconds, the initialization is completed.

The selector is a thin stalk that sticks out near the top right side of the instrument display area.
Thanks, I did not know about this procedure, but with your solution I solved the yellow light went out.(y)(y)(y)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts