Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now, after all this talk, mine also seems slow to heat up :--(

Time to get out the leftover-from-the-Prius OBD ... surely we have access to the coolant temp.

EDIT: I have an old ScanGuage II, does the job, but cumbersome to change readouts, etc. I've been waiting to get a dedicated Android and its associated app ... or something for my iPad mini, or the iPhone.
I bought one from Amazon that transmits a wifi signal. I connect with my iphone and use an app that tracks an amazing amount of information. It works very well and cost less than $30 cdn.

·
Registered
745 Posts
REQUEST: Anyone who's installed an OBD2 display, please tell us:
• What you have,
• What it does (monitors, etc.), and
• How you like it.

(We started wandering off-topic from the "Heater Takes Forever" thread ... so I'll transfer a few of those messages over here and see what we get.)

·
Registered
745 Posts
I bought one from Amazon that transmits a wifi signal. I connect with my iphone and use an app that tracks an amazing amount of information. It works very well and cost less than $30 cdn.
Stokers Rule, if you would, what reader/scanner did you buy and what app are you using?

·
Registered
494 Posts
*For android* Almost any cheap bluetooth reader will work on amazon and there should be no reason anyone pays more than $30 for it unless youre buying some special super proprietary tech which blows everything else out of the water (unlikely). Most popular app for this kind of stuff is 'torque' and definitly worth spending money on the pro version. It is on the playstore but I dont know about apple. You will be limited more so by what the obd port is sending than what the dongle or app itself is capable of reading.

It has been my goto check engine light reader but I had a tablet installed on my old genesis coupe which had automated tasks to auto launch and deep sleep when turning it on and I set it to monitor the basics , boost, afr, coolant temps, etc. Can also do an emissions scan test on it lol. You can get fancy with layouts and designs on it but it has a really ridiculous amount of features for the price of the app and any cheap bluetooth obd2 reader dongle that you cannot get the same value in proprietary bundles that many merchants try to sell on amazon and ebay with their own apps etc.

I also run this on my saturn sky redline for the same purposes as the old genesis through an android headunit which basically doubles as an in car tablet but I have yet to try if it works with android auto.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.prowl.torque&hl=en_US

·
Registered
494 Posts
It seems that iphones have some issues with certain bluetooth obd readers but for android, the slim cheap lowprofile ones such as this work great and stay out of sight.

https://www.amazon.com/Kitbest-Bluetooth-Scanner-Adapter-Diagnostic/dp/B01BY2CK32/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1544723443&sr=8-8&keywords=obd2+reader+bluetooth

**After some further research I believe torque pro is android only mainly because it can use older bluetooth obd protocols and ios isnt cooperating with it. Wifi-based obd2 dongles are needed for apple devices and other applications would need to be sought out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Super Moderator
550 Posts
I use a PLX Kiwi3 Bluetooth adapter with OBD Fusion on my iPhone. It works very well.

Reactions: Stokers Rule
1 - 7 of 7 Posts