Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I just expected all new cars had heated seats. Wrong. My new to me 2018 CX3 Sport does not and we've had a couple
of really chilly, scrape the frost from the windshield and shiver until the engine warms up, mornings! And it's not even Winter yet!
I have searched for after-market heated seat pads and there are many, many of them from pretty cheap to really expensive.
Many in the reasonable range of 25-40 dollars.
So my question to you is, do any of you have good reliable seat warmer that you can recommend, before I completely freeze my
butt off?
The car I traded in for the Mazda had "bun warmers" and they were wonderful on cold, chilly mornings.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
158 Posts
My 2016 AWD GT has heated leather seats and it's the first car I've owned that came with either of those things. Previously I would not have thought that bun warmers were a necessary item, but after having them, both my wife and I love them for the very cold winter days here in Canada. Still not sold on the leather option though.

You could try the old school seat cushions with built-in warmers, the type that plug into the cigarette lighter, sorry accessory outlet. I'm not even sure it anyone makes those things anymore.

·
Registered
607 Posts
You could try the old school seat cushions with built-in warmers, the type that plug into the cigarette lighter, sorry accessory outlet. I'm not even sure it anyone makes those things anymore.
^this is really the only other option aside from replacing the seat entirely with an oem and redoing wiring/switches/harnesses etc. The only downside is alot of these aftermarket stuff is usually questionable chinese products (not saying theyre bad because made in china but theres a world of internet products from randomly named chinese based sellers which basically pawn off products dirt cheap, mainly on ebay and aliexpress and now more on amazon also) which are more likely to be a firehazard as I went down this rabbit hole once with terrible results as one purchase I tried basically sparked itself into a little flame :/

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^this is really the only other option aside from replacing the seat entirely with an oem and redoing wiring/switches/harnesses etc. The only downside is alot of these aftermarket stuff is usually questionable chinese products (not saying theyre bad because made in china but theres a world of internet products from randomly named chinese based sellers which basically pawn off products dirt cheap, mainly on ebay and aliexpress and now more on amazon also) which are more likely to be a firehazard as I went down this rabbit hole once with terrible results as one purchase I tried basically sparked itself into a little flame :/

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, info on people's experiences with
[/

... old school seat cushions with built-in warmers, the type that plug into the cigarette lighter, sorry accessory outlet. I'm not even sure it anyone makes those things anymore.

QUOTE]

is what I was looking for. Anyway I ordered a mid-price (made in China...), 30 dollars from Amazon. Arrived today and will install and use it soon, weather has been unusually balmy
last couple of days here in W. MA. It looks pretty well made:
HealthMate IN9438-2 12V Velour Winter Seat Cushion with Lumbar Support, Heating with Easy Controller, Color Gray, Products by Wagan .

I'll report on my experience with it eventually. I've read it is important not to leave the seats plugged in when not in use. A fire hazard exists. Just shutting off the ignition
is not sufficient. And, some can drain your battery dead if left plugged in so, forewarned is forearmed.

Thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, replying to my own post, the above HealthMate seat went back yesterday. It was very slow to warm and never got hot! Tried it for a few days; no sale.

Giving another seat a try (ELUTO Car Seat Covers PU Leather Seat Covers Protector Auto Seat Covers Front) and it seems to do the job quite well: nice and warm fairly quickly! I'll report more after a few more days' trial, in case anyone is interested.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Well, replying to my own post, the above HealthMate seat went back yesterday. It was very slow to warm and never got hot! Tried it for a few days; no sale.

Giving another seat a try (ELUTO Car Seat Covers PU Leather Seat Covers Protector Auto Seat Covers Front) and it seems to do the job quite well: nice and warm fairly quickly! I'll report more after a few more days' trial, in case anyone is interested.
Your experience with the first product was good info. Do the replacement ones have warmers that extend up the lower back? I find I like this the most on the OEM heated seats.
BTW, the OEM seats can take more than a few minutes to warm up to the point where you need to step down the setting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts