Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't even notice this while on the test drive before we decided to purchase our CX-3 but driving around a bit today realized that there isn't a coolant temp gauge in the car.

Maybe the top model GT/Grand Touring has one but our GS/Touring doesn't.

I could use my Torque app on my phone to see what the temps are but any way to add one to the car (like an Autometer type gauge or something similar)??

Tony

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I came from the age of cars that only had a light and when it came on it's basically too late to do anything (if the coolant temp hit the roof for example), being able to see that a gauge needle decides to start heading skyward gives me time to assess the situation and figure out what to do accordingly.

All my other cars have a gauge and it is a nice thing to know that your car is running at the proper temps (or cooler if I have done some mods to keep the car running a bit cooler for performance).

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Yeah but in reality, only 1:10000 cars ever budge off normal and that is if it's been neglected.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
True, I get it but still having a gauge would be nice (one more thing on the list to figure out). :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
I came from the age of cars that only had a light and when it came on it's basically too late to do anything (if the coolant temp hit the roof for example), being able to see that a gauge needle decides to start heading skyward gives me time to assess the situation and figure out what to do accordingly.

All my other cars have a gauge and it is a nice thing to know that your car is running at the proper temps (or cooler if I have done some mods to keep the car running a bit cooler for performance).
What I miss we use to have! ....Im a gadget nerd...>:)

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts