Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have owned my GT for about a week and just noticed there is no warning sound when the blind spot monitor goes off. I have it set to high but I hear nothing. I even tried setting the alert to low but that didn't work either. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
You only get the warning if you move close to something when it is in the blind spot - sorry if you know that!!!

·
Registered
872 Posts
From my experience, you need to have the side mirror warning illuminated indicating a vehicle is in the blindspot, then activate the turn signal as if you're going to turn. That is the only time the sound goes off.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Also, the vehicle must be going a certain speed before it starts to alert.

Do you see the indicator in the mirror flashing?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aha! I have not tried using my signal light when I see the warning. That is the answer! Thank you!

I was confused about this since the GT I test drove had the lane departure warning system that lit up and chimed at the same time.

Thanks again guys!

·
Registered
193 Posts
To test if the system is working: While driving on the highway, with a vehicle on your left which has illuminated the yellow blind spot light on the side view mirror, turn on your left directional turn signal. The system should start chirping. Check the Owners Manual Personalization features Section 9-10 to customize the warning.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Being old school, I am not a fan of all the driving nannies. Lane departure, automatic braking, vehicle stability control, traction control, laser this, laser that... However I do like the blind spot warning. It works very well. The auto manufacturers developed blind spot monitoring just in time for the American driving public as many drivers have become too fat to turn their head around.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Being old school, I am not a fan of all the driving nannies. Lane departure, automatic braking, vehicle stability control, traction control, laser this, laser that... However I do like the blind spot warning. It works very well. The auto manufacturers developed blind spot monitoring just in time for the American driving public as many drivers have become too fat to turn their head around.
I'm with you. I test drove a GT model with all the (literal) bells and whistles and I found them distracting and annoying. Particularly, the lane departure warning was the most obnoxious, IMHO. Did it's job, but when I tried intentionally to make it go off, it wouldn't.

I ended up with the Touring model, so I just have the BSM, which I like, but even that still annoys me sometimes as it will with some regularity register false positives and give me warnings due to traffic moving behind me like when I make a turn, for example. The system is working as intended, but I wish it had just a little more intelligence built in.

·
Registered
872 Posts
You can adjust the sound of most bells and whistles. You can also adjust the sensitivity of the lane departure warning so its less intrusive. Note, it also only works over a certain speed.

I got the nanny package and am glad I did (rain sensing wipers!). Lower insurance, higher resale and I really like the rear cross traffic alert. Great for backing out between large trucks and SUVs. I also appreciate the blind spot monitoring notices bicyclists. Its a great safety feature for them.

·
Registered
303 Posts

must be unique to Americans; here the idiot factor applies whether or not they become too fat to turn their head around:eek:

Does anyone else have the occasional chirp and flash while turning a corner in the city ?

·
Registered
893 Posts
must be unique to Americans; here the idiot factor applies whether or not they become too fat to turn their head around:eek:

Does anyone else have the occasional chirp and flash while turning a corner in the city ?
Yep, I get that and it startles the hell out of me thinking I'm about to run over a person crossing the street or something. I think I'll just turn the sound off.

·
Registered
8 Posts

Yup I turn it off when i am in a downtown area unless its evening. Although I prefer to look and blindspot check myself it is early indicator for me whenever I see the lights glowing. Plus, insurance companies love these little bells and whistles.

·
Registered
893 Posts
You can adjust the sound of most bells and whistles. You can also adjust the sensitivity of the lane departure warning so its less intrusive. Note, it also only works over a certain speed.

I got the nanny package and am glad I did (rain sensing wipers!). Lower insurance, higher resale and I really like the rear cross traffic alert. Great for backing out between large trucks and SUVs. I also appreciate the blind spot monitoring notices bicyclists. Its a great safety feature for them.
Exactly, I'm not sure why so many people on here seem to hate technology that is genuinely useful and improving lives. Its not like we're talking about an internet-enabled refrigerator here (yes this is a thing lol). If just one of these features can help lower the rate of accidents and save lives, then it is invaluable. Humans are way more prone to mistakes than computers, no matter how good and alert of a driver you think you are.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts