Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have question.

Can someone explain why cx-3 has no auto dimmed inside mirror, because other mazda models like cx-5 are occupied with it.

Peter.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Hi,

I have question.

Can someone explain why cx-3 has no auto dimmed inside mirror, because other mazda models like cx-5 are occupied with it.

Peter.
Given that we do not spec the vehicles in production, no.

It has been discussed and is a mystery to all of us.

·
Registered
193 Posts
On Amazon, the following Mazda Parts are available:

Auto-Dim Rearview Mirror with Compass
Part Number 0000-8C-P14
Amazon $117

Auto-Dim Rearview Mirror with Homelink Part Number 0000-8C-Z02
Amazon $221

Install is another thread.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Is the standard mirror in the US touring spec an electric or mechanical dimmer? Mechanical being the type that you need to redirect the mirror pane. Anyone have a pic?

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Is the standard mirror in the US touring spec an electric or mechanical dimmer? Mechanical being the type that you need to redirect the mirror pane. Anyone have a pic?
However hopeful you are, I'm afraid it's the same as the 1979 Mazda 323. I've thought about a set of rods and levers that go right round the roof liner, down the side window, across the carpet and into the centre armrest where I can control it with a slider under my thumb. I would then post this abomination on the Mazda Global Sales blog page just to make them cringe in front of the worlds motoring press.

Reactions: Sarah

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm glad it doesn't. I hate those things. I'm more than capable of flipping the mirror if it's too bright.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have installed an eBay Homelink auto-dimming mirror in my CX-3 GT. Just have to make sure the mirror post is long enough to clear the sensor box. I have a couple posts in here about the problems.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had the autodimming on my MX5. It's kind of horrible. In any city or lit area it doesn't dim, so you get blinded.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Not too sure how to feel about the manual flip dim.

I wouldn't like a full auto dimmer without options to dim when I choose. Does the Mazda upgrade have a button to dim "manually" .. On my current 04 Passat there is a button on the mirror to do the dimming.

·
Registered
86 Posts
However hopeful you are, I'm afraid it's the same as the 1979 Mazda 323. I've thought about a set of rods and levers that go right round the roof liner, down the side window, across the carpet and into the centre armrest where I can control it with a slider under my thumb. I would then post this abomination on the Mazda Global Sales blog page just to make them cringe in front of the worlds motoring press.
Anchorman, if you haven't spent time posting on www.carcomplaints.com, you are missing your calling. They could use some descriptive and ascerbic-yet-truthful writing. Although I do love a few posts there regarding a 2004 Jetta... Like this one and this one.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Anchorman, if you haven't spent time posting on www.carcomplaints.com, you are missing your calling. They could use some descriptive and ascerbic-yet-truthful writing. Although I do love a few posts there regarding a 2004 Jetta... Like this ones and this one.
Oh my word, a complaints forum! Do you realise what you have done Sarah? I'm already a proud member of the Grumpy Old Man Club operated by my old mate and myself. We spend Friday night with 2 tins of beer putting the world to rights and now I've got a forum full ;-).

My signature on another forum is, "and another thing". Maybe I'll adopt it here too! Thanks for the link. I'll spend hours in there.

Reactions: Sarah
1 - 14 of 14 Posts