Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stumbled on your forum looking for info on engine bay insulation/sound insulation.

Bought my ‘19 cx3 brand new last March, in Vancouver Canada, and am really liking it.

Back to my quest, what types of insulation have other members tried? As a last resort, I can order the parts from my local dealer, but I am looking at sound insulation on eBay that come in 12” tiles that are psa ( pressure sensitive adhesive) backed and have a foil top membrane.
Has anyone used this material?

·
Registered
95 Posts
There is oem insulation available (the normal padded kind) on the euro diesel. Don't know the part numbers offhand but it's findable.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, that’s how I found this website.

But-tum-ah... well, the dealers here will fleece you. The navigation chip price was $500 Cdn, non negotiable, so I didn’t negotiate, I just got it off eBay for $65 cdn., same scenario for my floor mats. So you see, I am reluctant to buy parts from the dealer, I might try an independent auto body shop to get oem parts though.
But looking at the insulation on eBay I see it is commonly used in the auto industry and has been around for some time, and also very cheap, would this quiet down the noise?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts