Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm Tom checking in from the Bay Area. Bought a GT CX-3 in Soul Red from Fremont Mazda before the year ended and couldn't be happier. I have been looking at getting a Mazda 3 when they redesigned with their new 'kodo' design and am glad that spread throughout their entire line. I went from wanting a Mazda 3 to CX-5 as I wanted to be higher off the ground. After checking out the CX-3 decided that was the car for me!

One question for you all... Does your A/C blow warmer air when on settings not 60? That has been the only thing bothering me so far and I have service scheduled but if its normal, would love to cancel. I'm talking about the setting being around ~65ish and medium - high fan speed with A/C on.

Cheers,
Tom

·
Registered
893 Posts
Welcome and congrats!

I can't say I've noticed the AC blowing warm air, but I haven't tried turning the AC on in the cold. I'm assuming it may be blowing warmer air because its already colder than the 65 degrees you're setting it on.

I bought mine in September and it had been unseasonably warm here up until recently, the AC was working fine on the warmer days and I usually had it set at around 72 degrees.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Congrats on the purchase and welcome!

I'm in Seattle and haven't used A/C yet. Hopefully others in warmer areas can chime in to validate.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I think you'll find the AC is fully temperature dependant and will start to blow very cold when the weather is warmer. There is a needle valve inside the unit that can freeze up if the AC gets too cold.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for the response and the warm welcome!

My old car was very simple so didn't think of cockpit sensors that may be adjusting the A/C accordingly. I'll cancel for now and if I think its problematic, take it in during the warranty period. Thank you again all =)

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts