Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Fellow Members, for those of you that are wondering what a CX3 would look like in the real world, just Lowered no Airbags, I thought I would post up a few pics of my car with my new 20" Alloys on it.

They are Foose Outkast F150 the size is 20"x8.5" +35 Offset, I am running 235/35/20 Tyres on them so my speed has the correct readings, as I said I am posting this up for those who may be wondering if 20's will fit or look too big.

I have had so many positive comments since putting these on my car, it certainly makes a difference to the whole package.
My Car is lowered via Eibach Coils and I am going to fit some Coils from CorkSport in the next few weeks hopefully, they will lower the car a little further from where it is at the moment.

These are my views and opinions and I know that there will be some who love it or hate it that's what we love about these cars and what can be done, everyone has their own personal ideas and so on.

I have also uploaded some pics to the Gallery as well.

Darren

Attachments

· Registered
214 Posts
Looks good!!! They are BIG!!! What is the weight of each wheel by itself?

You need some large brakes to fill out the inside of those wheels.

Tony

· Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Weight

Looks good!!! They are BIG!!! What is the weight of each wheel by itself?

You need some large brakes to fill out the inside of those wheels.

Tony
did cross my mind as I was putting them on the Car, but completely went out the window when I was amazed by how good they looked, I will hopefully putting my CorkSport Lowered(more)Coils in the Car in a few weeks hopefully, and If I can remember I will chuck one on the Scales, but compared to my Factory 18's they didn't feel a lot different.

Thanks for the comments Tony, I now see that Cork have a Big Brake Kit for the Mazda 3/6/CX5, now this gets me wondering if that Kit will also bolt up...... May have to send an Email.

Darren

· Registered
256 Posts
I like the slight lowering with Eibach, is it 30mm?
The wheels look very nice, but the tyres are to low profile for me, if You get my meaning :)
So a 19" version would suit me better, maybe with 225/45-19 tyres.
But as You say, we have different opinions and so it should be :)

· Registered
214 Posts
I did a check of how far that wheel sticks out, the back of the wheels lines up almost like the factory wheel (4.1 mm closer to the strut), but the front of the wheels sticks out 34mm more than the factory wheel.

Online Wheel and Tyre Fitment Calculator. Offset, Tyre Stretch and Speedo Error | Will They Fit

Have you had any rubbing issues at the front edge of the tire when turning the steering wheel and/or cornering? 3.5cm is quite a bit for a front wheel spec over factory.

Your car is lowered already with Eibach springs and you are looking at doing the Corksport spings? It will be interesting to see if the Corksport drops the car even more and whether your setup will rub or not.

Tony

· Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Offset

I did a check of how far that wheel sticks out, the back of the wheels lines up almost like the factory wheel (4.1 mm closer to the strut), but the front of the wheels sticks out 34mm more than the factory wheel.

Online Wheel and Tyre Fitment Calculator. Offset, Tyre Stretch and Speedo Error | Will They Fit

Have you had any rubbing issues at the front edge of the tire when turning the steering wheel and/or cornering? 3.5cm is quite a bit for a front wheel spec over factory.

Your car is lowered already with Eibach springs and you are looking at doing the Corksport spings? It will be interesting to see if the Corksport drops the car even more and whether your setup will rub or not.

Tony
details are fair, yes your right in all aspects, they do no hit anywhere, plenty of room on the outer edge of tyre to Front Guard edges, as they are basically just over an inch wider in as where they do sit, plus the overall diameter is the same, thankfully no dramas as yet. I took a couple of Pics today, where the Tyre is at its closest to the Front Bumper is about the width of your Index Finger(20mm), from what I can see there won't be any drama's when the Corks are in.
Will be interesting to see how it is when I install the Corks, which will drop it by nearly another inch.
Hope there is no troubles, or will just throw the Eibach's back in.

Darren

· Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes that

I like the slight lowering with Eibach, is it 30mm?
The wheels look very nice, but the tyres are to low profile for me, if You get my meaning :)
So a 19" version would suit me better, maybe with 225/45-19 tyres.
But as You say, we have different opinions and so it should be :)
is about where it has come down to, it is a little firmer as well, I personally think the car is better, again that my opinion.

I am hopefully installing my Cork's which will drop it close to another 25mm or so.

I had 19" Simmons on it with 235/40/19 Tyres, full Satin Black, but with the black wheel arch moulds it was just too much, again my opinion.
So i sold them, and could not resist putting 20's on it.

Darren

· Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just Remembered

Tony
To take a couple of images when I got back home today, where the Tyre is at it's closest point on the Front Bumper there is about 20mm, width of my Index Finger, apart from that, that seems to be the only place.

Darren

Attachments

· Registered
214 Posts
I had 19" Simmons on it with 235/40/19 Tyres........................

Darren
Yeah I remember that. The Simmons were NICE.

I found a weight for your Foose wheels, on their site it's listed as 31lbs. that's pretty heavy for a 20x8.5" wheel. You Simmons even though they are 1" smaller diameter should be way lighter than that.

http://www.foosedesignwheels.com/specs.cfm?id=3755&name=150

Hope the Corksports work for you with this wheel setup. If it does and you pull the Eibach's off PM me I might be interested in them for my CX-3.

· Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Maybe

Does any body now about some new big brakes system for my CX3.
And a back exaust system with some more sound?
you can contact Corksport, they have a Kit for Mazda 3/6/CX5, maybe that kit would also be able to be adapted to the CX3.

Thats a nice set of wheels.

Darren

· Registered
4 Posts
Hi Fellow Members, for those of you that are wondering what a CX3 would look like in the real world, just Lowered no Airbags, I thought I would post up a few pics of my car with my new 20" Alloys on it.

They are Foose Outkast F150 the size is 20"x8.5" +35 Offset, I am running 235/35/20 Tyres on them so my speed has the correct readings, as I said I am posting this up for those who may be wondering if 20's will fit or look too big.

I have had so many positive comments since putting these on my car, it certainly makes a difference to the whole package.
My Car is lowered via Eibach Coils and I am going to fit some Coils from CorkSport in the next few weeks hopefully, they will lower the car a little further from where it is at the moment.

These are my views and opinions and I know that there will be some who love it or hate it that's what we love about these cars and what can be done, everyone has their own personal ideas and so on.

I have also uploaded some pics to the Gallery as well.

Darren
Hey Darren,
Your ride look sweet.... what have you done to correct the Speedo if it was out due to the size?
Cheers

· Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry

Hey Darren,
Your ride look sweet.... what have you done to correct the Speedo if it was out due to the size?
Cheers
I should have looked closer before posting that message, my speedo is correct, no dramas at all nothing needed as such.
I searched for a Tire Size convertor online,(https://tiresize.com/calculator/), put my original tire size in and it showed me all different things in regard to how much wider, etc these new 20's would be.

Thanks for the positive comments.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.