Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Was in a toss up with a type of wheels, but went with these and am really pleased..!
Open to input... good or bad!
Certainly better than OEM wheels!

Wife's red HR-V has similar EDR9 Enkei's in glossy butch black, per Ontario Brigitte :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate it, I know it’s not for everyone, but really feel the CX3 was under utilized platform., but I’ll take it and see hat far I can go with it.
Should have a few more minor add ins soon!

·
Registered
218 Posts
I appreciate it, I know it’s not for everyone, but really feel the CX3 was under utilized platform., but I’ll take it and see hat far I can go with it.
Should have a few more minor add ins soon!
Looks good! Nice contrast too. What size/type are the wheels and tires?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
245/40/18
I think the figment is mice, ride is obviously a little more firm over the factory 16”, but cruise and city, it hold well and I have a bit more confidence when getting into a turn.

·
Registered
218 Posts
245/40/18
I think the figment is mice, ride is obviously a little more firm over the factory 16”, but cruise and city, it hold well and I have a bit more confidence when getting into a turn.
Now that you’ve run them for a while, would you go again with 245s? Or go with something smaller like 235, 225?
Reason being is that I just ordered my summer rims and am teetering with the tire width lol. Would be good to get some input for those that went wider.
Your rims look like Pearl Konig Oversteers is that correct?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So far, I am pleased with the 245’s, really for my set up and what my long term goal(s) are, I’ll stick with the 245 unless I bag it, it which case I’ll only consider due to figment issues... but I would recommend the tire size for those considering an 18”wheel for daily and spirited driving.
Not the Konigs, They are the TSW Bathurst, for some reason they look a lot cleaner in person.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
218 Posts
So far, I am pleased with the 245’s, really for my set up and what my long term goal(s) are, I’ll stick with the 245 unless I bag it, it which case I’ll only consider due to figment issues... but I would recommend the tire size for those considering an 18”wheel for daily and spirited driving.
Not the Konigs, They are the TSW Bathurst, for some reason they look a lot cleaner in person.
Hope this helps
Thanks! Yes I am leaning towards the 245s (as is my installer lol!).
I’ve always liked the squat “rally” look but I come from 4x4s and big chunky tires and really have not too much experience owning a lower vehicle. Therefore my version of road handling is a little off. Definitely loving it though.
Looking at the TSWs, I now like those over the Konigs haha. Personally I went for 19s (Niche Targa’s) and it is looking like 245s are the way to go. 100 Kms a day to and from work mostly highway.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I test fitted my 18x8" summer wheels with 235's and I now know that my initial idea to go 245's was right. I let myself worry that the 245's would look to wide and out of place on the CX-3, but now I can tell, that 245's would be just right for my tastes. Others might disagree.

When tire replacement time comes around, I will go with the 245's. Plus, I believe that they are slightly taller than stock 18's and to be honest that will help fill things out even more IMHO.

Waiting for my center cap stickers before I mount them for the summer...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Those rims look sharp! hard to tell from the pic but did you space them out flush with the fender?

·
Registered
218 Posts
I test fitted my 18x8" summer wheels with 235's and I now know that my initial idea to go 245's was right. I let myself worry that the 245's would look to wide and out of place on the CX-3, but now I can tell, that 245's would be just right for my tastes. Others might disagree.

When tire replacement time comes around, I will go with the 245's. Plus, I believe that they are slightly taller than stock 18's and to be honest that will help fill things out even more IMHO.

Waiting for my center cap stickers before I mount them for the summer...
Those were my initial same worries as well. Glad to have input from the forum.
The other thing to figure out now is the sidewalls. I’d like to get that space between the tire and the fenders minimized as much as possible.
Worried that 245/45R19’s would cause rubbing in the wheel wells. May have to go 40 or lower.
Ideally I’d love me some CorkSport springs but, given the recent winter, I think I’d bottom out too much and damage stuff, especially when I flip back to the 215/60R16 snow tires.

The ice ruts were especially brutal this year.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Those rims look sharp! hard to tell from the pic but did you space them out flush with the fender?
No, just installed with fitment/offset just right.. I think I got lucky.
Thank you BTW... has a slight concave look, trying to get photos buts it’s a bit tougher than it looks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts