Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Wheels And Tyres all fitted and looking good.

They are Simmons FR1 Full Satin Black
19" x 8.5" +35
235/40/19 Tyres

Lowered via Eibach Springs, has made a huge difference (my opinion), only marginally firmer than Stock, but gets rid of that wallow feeling or top heavy feel, also eliminates the either lift in the Front, or Drop in the Rear when initial accelerating away from standing.

Cheers

Darren

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eibach

Looks nice! Perfect offset for the car too. Which Eibach springs are you running, and how are the stock shocks holding up?
Springs are these EIBE10-55-018-02-22, offering suggested drop of approx. 25-30mm.
Stock Shock still going strong no problems so far.

Appreciate the comments.

·
Registered
205 Posts
NICE!!!!! That is a cool wheel to go on this car. Love Simmons wheels I had a set on my new at the time 89 Mustang 5.0L. They KICK ASS!!!!!

Tony

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They Are

NICE!!!!! That is a cool wheel to go on this car. Love Simmons wheels I had a set on my new at the time 89 Mustang 5.0L. They KICK ASS!!!!!

Tony
A Classic set of Alloys thats for sure, no matter what Car they are on they really do look great, nice Stang.

·
Super Moderator
550 Posts
I want to go the other way - I'd love to get another inch of clearance - are there springs that will raise it?
For car-based applications, most manufacturers focus on lowering springs. Odds are you'll have to get custom springs made. This may not be as expensive as you might think.

Here's one place that looks like they can do this. At the very least, it costs nothing to fill out the form and get a quote.
https://www.springworks.com/custom-coils-order.html

You can either go with a longer spring with roughly the same stiffness as stock or go with a similar length but stiffer spring. I don't know how much room there is to work with a longer spring on the stock struts so you may have to plunk down for a set of struts with longer shaft and body.

An extra inch of clearance probably isn't unreasonable so long as you can get your alignment back into spec.

·
Registered
33 Posts
For car-based applications, most manufacturers focus on lowering springs. Odds are you'll have to get custom springs made. This may not be as expensive as you might think.

Here's one place that looks like they can do this. At the very least, it costs nothing to fill out the form and get a quote.
https://www.springworks.com/custom-coils-order.html

You can either go with a longer spring with roughly the same stiffness as stock or go with a similar length but stiffer spring. I don't know how much room there is to work with a longer spring on the stock struts so you may have to plunk down for a set of struts with longer shaft and body.

An extra inch of clearance probably isn't unreasonable so long as you can get your alignment back into spec.
Thanks for the this info! Ideally, that's what I've been looking to do. To raise the car. But there aren't any lift kits available for CX3 and doesn't seem like anyone will be making it anytime soon.

·
Super Moderator
550 Posts
Thanks for the this info! Ideally, that's what I've been looking to do. To raise the car. But there aren't any lift kits available for CX3 and doesn't seem like anyone will be making it anytime soon.
Yah, small CUVs like the CX-3 are targeted more as a "soft-roader" than an "off-roader". I doubt we'll see much in the way of off-road mods for any small CUV.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hope

Great fitment, thanks for the post!

What's your drop on your Eibachs? I'm looking at 1.9" drop with lowering springs.
that this will be of some help for you.

Measured from Centre Of Hub To Lip Of Guard

Front: 39cm (15.35")
Rear: 39cm (15.35")

Then Measured from Ground To Lip Of Guard

Front: 71cm (27.9")
Rear: 72cm (28.3")

I Have No Factory Spring Measurements to compare with either, sorry.

Darren

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi all,

Great fitment, thanks for the post!

What's your drop on your Eibachs? I'm looking at 1.9" drop with lowering springs.
as you can see I have changed from my 19" Simmons to 20" Foose Wheels

20"x8.5" +35 Offset

235/35/20 Tyres

They DO NOT Scrub anywhere, I am also running Cork Sport Lowered Coils that lower my Car even more than the Eibach's, the Corks have more of a Factory ride feel compared to a more harsh ride of the Eibach's.

This is again my opinion in regard to this, I do like my car this low and it will not be to everyone else's liking, so here are the measurements now as my car sits with 20's and Corks.

I never measured my Car with the Factory Coils before Lowering, sorry for that.

Eibach Springs

Centre wheel hub to lip on guard --- Front 39cm Rear 39cm
Ground to lip on guard --- Front 71cm Rear 72cm

CorkSport Springs

Centre wheel hub to lip on guard --- Front 36cm Rear 37cm
Ground to lip on guard --- Front 68cm Rear 70cm

I also measured from the Ground to the Top of the Mazda Grill Badge it was 70cm

These were all taken with a Half Tank of Petrol.

Darren

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi All,

Another update for my CX3, its now wearing new Wheels in the form of CSA/Mullins.......

They are Beretta, in Gloss Black with Machined Lip.

20" x 8.5" +36 fitted with 235/35/20 Tyres.....

Also painted my Calipers Red too.

Darren

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts