Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey,

I am new to this forum which seems packed with information and interesting threads :)

Me and my wife are looking into buying a new car (our current car is a Toyota Vitz/Yaris RS), we have a 2 year old daughter and therefore we were looking into buying a bigger car with a bit more cargo space from that of the yaris.

The yaris is fine most of the time, the FF car seat fits well and we do all sorts of errands and fun stuff with it, and therefore a slightly bigger car with maybe roof racks will be just fine.

We went to see the HR-V and the CX-3 and while the HR-V is much bigger in cargo space and leg room, the styling of the CX-3 is simply too nice to ignore, the HR-V styling even though not bad it is no way near as good looking as the CX-3, also for some strange reason here in Malta the mid trim SE HR-V is 3,000 Euro more expensive than the Sport Nav (full) CX-3.

If possible can you please share your experiences with the CX-3 in terms of a small family/practicality? both me and my wife are only 5.65ft each, and the longest trip we can do in Malta is 45mins approx (yes Malta is very small hehe)

We are off course considering buying the roof racks and cargo box for picknicks etc.

Thanks in Advance.

Ganni

· Registered
274 Posts
First Ganni, welcome to our forum.

When half-way through your post I was thinking "go for a CX-5" but, reading more with your details of height, the size of Malta etc I thought NO, go for a CX-3. And, of course if you do get a CX-3 think of the great forum you've joined.

Of course, having said the above it's obvious I'm biased. So, just make sure you look carefully at the alternatives. In the end it's you and the family who have to live with the car.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First Ganni, welcome to our forum.

When half-way through your post I was thinking "go for a CX-5" but, reading more with your details of height, the size of Malta etc I thought NO, go for a CX-3. And, of course if you do get a CX-3 think of the great forum you've joined.
Thanks Levi3xt :)

Yes Malta is a very small island (316 km²), in a couple of weeks I will have a test drive, might take the stroller with me so that I can check if it fits in the cargo area! I would be gutted if it doesn't

The Bose subwoofer, can it be dismantled if needed?

Thanks,
Ganni

· Registered
274 Posts
Thanks Levi3xt :)

Yes Malta is a very small island (316 km²), in a couple of weeks I will have a test drive, might take the stroller with me so that I can check if it fits in the cargo area! I would be gutted if it doesn't

The Bose subwoofer, can it be dismantled if needed?

Thanks,
Ganni
Now, that's the way to decide. Also, you might like to browse through other member's posts on fitting a "rear facing" child capsule in the back seat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.