Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought this pre owned certified cx3 and found the ride quite harsh over bumps, is the 16 inch wheels softer in New York potholes?

·
Registered
131 Posts
A change to 16" wheels with tires that have a higher sidewall might help to soften the blow when you hit NY potholes. The roads up here in Ontario are pretty bad at the best of times, so I can sympathize with your feelings about the harsh ride over broken roadways.

There's another thread on here that details every tire and wheel size combo that should fit the CX-3. From the chart in that thread it would appear that a 225 / 60 - 16 is the one that is closest to the overall size of the OEM.

I have 17" rims with slightly higher profile winter tires and they seem to offer some softening of the impact over poor roadways. However, the suspension on the GT model is going to give you a firm ride even with different tire and wheel combinations, so you will still be aware when you have hit a pothole.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Long term owner here. Honestly, it’s not a comfortable ride overall. You really feel all the bumps. But it is what it is.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes they are 18 inch rims, I was wondering if a 16 inch rim with bigger sidewall might make a difference since newer cx3 from Mazda now only comes with 16 inch wheels from the factory. Maybe Mazda realized it would be less harsh .

·
Registered
2 Posts
yes, 16 inches wheel are also good for this
RX Marine was established in 1996 in Mumbai, India; as chemical manufacturing company catering exclusively to the needs of the marine industry. In a short span of 12 years the company has established itself as one of the leading wholesale suppliers of a wide range of chemicals for - Marine industry internationally - and other local industires and plants. Our client list bears testimony to this. The RXSOL policy has its foundations on two pillars of strength - a continuous investment in research and development to deliver premium quality products and a commitment to service.
Degreaser

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, planning on changing oil too, do u know if it’s a regular hex drain plug or is it some kind of Allen wrench?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Thanks, planning on changing oil too, do u know if it’s a regular hex drain plug or is it some kind of Allen wrench?
On my 2016 Its one of those inner allen head slots which unless you have a ratchet adapter to properly torque it, its too much of a hassle and wears out quick eitherway. Id suggest swapping it with a regular hex head drain plug. Ironically I foundout the dealer had swapped mine out since apparently it stripped around the 2nd oil change before i started doing my own

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’ll stick to the oem size tire due to the additional warranty I bought with the car so I don’t have to hear the excuses from the dealer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts