Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you know that I picked up a set of Motegi Traklites couple weeks ago and decided to use it on the CX-3, even though I had sold the factory wheels and tires from the Suzuki. Well, the next day I got a call from someone interested in the OE 16" CX-3 alloys and tires and I decided to sell that too (even though I was holding it for use on the SX4).

So now I have a car that has no wheels for summer use....................not for long. The plan has changed.

Motegi's now will go on the SX4 and yesterday I did another order for a set of Konig Oversteer wheels for the CX-3 in the Opal finish:

Still 17x8" but these have a +45mm offset vs. +40 for the Traklites.

They should show up next week and I'll have 2 sets of wheels sitting in the basement, tires will follow soon.

Tony

· Premium Member
2,079 Posts
No excuse for not washing the inside of those wheels!!!

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I guess you guys have figured out that I have a thing about wheels with lots of open areas, easy to clean and really shows off a good looking set of brakes if you have them (I like wheels that show rotors).

Not sure about being able to clean the inside on most wheels when they are on the car the brake stuff usually gets in the way. I always clean the wheels out every spring or fall before mounting or after removing them from the car. You get better access to the inner barrel that way.

After I ordered the Konig's I realized that they look very similiar to the Forgeline wheels I run on the Shelby:

I did up some pics of my 2 sets of wheels on both cars and I'll do a new post of those later, let's see what the CX-3 community thinks about which wheels should go on which car.

· Premium Member
549 Posts
Going to paint your calipers, caliper brackets and rotor hats to show off?

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Going to paint your calipers, caliper brackets and rotor hats to show off?
I'm thinking I would do the calipers. I'm usually not concerned about painting rotor hats for a dd they will rust no matter what. The time to do the calipers should've been when I bought the car. Now having to wait till winter is over and having them exposed to salt and stuff it will make prepping and painting more of a chore. I would actually consider buying 4 new calipers and painting or powder coating them vs. painting the ones on the car now.

The rotors I have on the Shelby are Centric (Stoptech) rotors and they come with a black electrotype coating which resists rust pretty well but I don't drive that car everyday or in winter. The centric rotors I have on the sx4 fare better than regular type rotors when out in the elements.

When it comes time to do brakes on the cx3 it will get centric rotors and pads over oe stuff.

· Premium Member
2,079 Posts
You need a Daytona Speedmaster wheel brush. They are excellent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.