Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my Ceramic Metallic GT today. Couple of questions with my electronics.

My active display shows vehicle speed setting but does NOT show the Navigation Turn by Turn information. In the Settings/Adjustments for Active Display I have the Navigation box checked. I have tried Reset but still no Nav Turn by Turn showing. Is there anything additionally I should be doing?

Next question is ---how do I turn off the radio? Only button I see is the mute button on the Commander Switch, but that is a mute...not on/off.

Any help/thoughts appreciated.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Radio and Navigation

Oddly enough, the radio can be muted but not turned off. I just got my new CX3 GT and asked my sales guy about that. With regard to the navigation, did you enter a destination into the system? It has to have a destination to show the turn by turn information on the active display. Mine only shows the speed unless a destination is entered. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oddly enough, the radio can be muted but not turned off. I just got my new CX3 GT and asked my sales guy about that. With regard to the navigation, did you enter a destination into the system? It has to have a destination to show the turn by turn information on the active display. Mine only shows the speed unless a destination is entered. Hope that helps!
Thanks for confirming that info. I have entered destinations but still no show. Hope dealers service can figure it out. Will call them Monday. Hoping it's something simple like just needing updated Nav Sim or Entertainment system update?

If you get a chance can you check your System Info screen and let me know the version numbers on your car.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just went for a short drive to test this as curious myself as I just got the car.
It works, shows an arrow for next turn and number of meters to turn (as well as voice prompts).

I like the fact that it shows next street coming up at top line of display even when not using NAV screen.
I assume you cannot turn off the "radio" just mute it, as it is just a function of the "computer" with all the other screen functions.

(Sirius favourites get added to the same list as FM radio favourites, so you can scroll through Favourites without having to select one or the other, radio or Sirius.)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Check the version of your CMU. People on Mazda3Revolution forum report that v.55 has issues with displaying Nav info in the HUD (read "it doesn't work"). I can't remember if it's v55.650 or v.55750 but one of them screws up the Nav info. I'm running v51 and it's working fine.

Hope this helps.

- Ben

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Check the version of your CMU. People on Mazda3Revolution forum report that v.55 has issues with displaying Nav info in the HUD (read "it doesn't work"). I can't remember if it's v55.650 or v.55750 but one of them screws up the Nav info. I'm running v51 and it's working fine.

Hope this helps.

- Ben
You got it right Ben!!! I called the service department and they checked on the GT they were using as a demo and had same no nav on active display issue. They then flashed the demo car software and all was well. I brought my car in and it took them all of 10 minutes to update my software. The repair ticket had TSB information so this is a known Mazda issue that the software update fixed. Nav info now in my Active Display. Hope all my future issues are this easy to fix:D

I will check the os version tomorrow and post which version I was flashed to for others that may run into this issue.

Big thank you to everyone that responded.

Reactions: modaddie

·
Registered
23 Posts
You got it right Ben!!! I called the service department and they checked on the GT they were using as a demo and had same no nav on active display issue. They then flashed the demo car software and all was well. I brought my car in and it took them all of 10 minutes to update my software. The repair ticket had TSB information so this is a known Mazda issue that the software update fixed. Nav info now in my Active Display. Hope all my future issues are this easy to fix:D

I will check the os version tomorrow and post which version I was flashed to for others that may run into this issue.

Big thank you to everyone that responded.
I've got this issue. What version of the software do you have now?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
That's just weird. Any idea if it times out on its own and how long that takes to happen?
No, it stays like that. The idea is to return to the home screen.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've got this issue. What version of the software do you have now?

Thanks.
My Version Info show 55.00.753NA N
Music Database Version 00.05.000
Fail-Safe Version 55.00.750

This is under Settings-->System-->System About-->Version Info

My service receipt says:
"Display not showing arrows
See TSB 09-022/15 SSP98 Info Update
Completed Latest Software Upgrade"

Hopefully your fix is as easy as the software being updated.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Does anyone know how to make it so you can enter a Nav destination while moving? The ability to enter a address is grayed out on me when i am moving. I can't use the knob to access this feature and the voice command doesn't recognize an address.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
I found this regarding the TSB;

MULTI-MODEL ? MAZDA CONNECT FUNCTIONALITY CONCERNS

BULLETIN NOTE

This bulletin supersedes the previous bulletins 09-022/15 issued on 06/02/15, 09-006/14 issued on 01/24/14, 03/25/14, 03/28/14, 04/23/14, 05/01/14, 06/05/14 and 09/16/14 and 09-034/13 (MSP41) issued on 12/4/13. The APPLICABLE MODEL(S)/VINS, DESCRIPTION and WARRANTY INFORMATION have been revised.
Changes are noted below in Red.
APPLICABLE MODEL(S)/VINS

2014-2015 Mazda3

2016 Mazda6

2016 CX-5

DESCRIPTION

Some vehicles may experience the symptoms mentioned below, which can be fixed with the latest software update (Version 55.00.650A or later).

For all vehicles:

Navigation or other screen freezes or reboots.
System does not recognize USB/SD card.
Some menu of music source selection is grayed out.
When using the call button on the cell phone to make a call, the call sound is short.
Navigation turns to a black screen.
Favorites disappear.
Vehicle current position is not accurate enough.
Rear view monitor does not show up on screen.
Text information of HD radio is not displayed when switching music source.
When asking for current location with voice command ?Where am I??, the system responds with ?Your location is comma.?
For Mazda6 and CX-5 only:

Contact information cannot be loaded correctly from phones other than iPhone.
For Mazda3 only:

The compass screen is displayed, even though the SD card is installed.
Speed limit warning does not beep.
The map screen moves, even though the vehicle is stopped.
A strange triangle or square graphic appears on the navigation screen.
Vehicle marker deviates from real position when GPS reception is weak.
Album art does not display with iPhone plugged into USB port.
No display in rear view monitor.
The clock does not work during GPS reception.
USB device is rebooted with a specific type of music.
The volume level of the navigation voice cannot be muted when turned to zero.
Favorite settings (radio stations, navigation favorites, including HOME, Bluetooth pairing setting, sound adjustment, route setting, and warning setting) are reset when the CMU is reprogrammed.
For XM radio stations, favorites list displays only the channel numbers.
Cannot make a call successfully using ?Voice Recognition? in French.
Sound skips when playing music through Bluetooth connection.
The navigation route guidance is not played after pairing iPhone 4s .
Voice recognition fails after importing contacts with special characters ($, #, etc) in the name (#MOM, $AM).
The music volume bar is displayed while the navigation is guiding a trip.
The compass screen is displayed, even though a SD card is inserted.
Sound is heard even though MUTE is selected.
The navigation screen is rebooted.
Navigation guidance is wrong due to loss of GPS signal.
The navigation system does not recognize the current location.
The radio screen is fuzzy and the commander switch does not operate.
Selecting a contact address causes the touchscreen to flash white.
A message ?Invalid SD card? may appear on the center display while using the navigation system.
A black screen may be displayed while using the navigation system.
A blue screen may be displayed just after turning the ignition to ACC/ON.
The center display does not boot up with a black screen.
The center display may flicker while using WiFi connection.
The navigation system sound volume cannot be changed.
French pronunciation in voice guidance/wording of the navigation system is not correct.
NOTE: Mazda is working to make further improvements to the Mazda Connect Infotainment System software, and may issue future software updates to improve system operation and performance. Software version updates can be found on MS3 under IDS/Infotainment.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Does anyone know how to make it so you can enter a Nav destination while moving? The ability to enter a address is grayed out on me when i am moving. I can't use the knob to access this feature and the voice command doesn't recognize an address.

Pretty sure this is disabled for safety reasons. It is on mine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts