Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far, I'm really enjoying it. I love the look of it, the interior is a really nice place to be, premium feel, no squeaks or rattles.
I'm a bit disappointed that I've not got a lot of the safety gadgets i read about in the manual while awaiting delivery, but I probably would've turned them off anyway to be fair! The HUD looks cheap and gimicky, but it is useful, and it shows directions too which is handy for me as i find the satnav voice annoying.
My biggest complaint is the loud bong everytime you put it in reverse which makes trying to do a 13 point turn with a screaming baby in the back even more enjoyable.
The AWD system is lovely though.. great fun on twisty bits or just flooring it out of roundabouts.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I love the HUD and that it raises and lowers. In the US, you need to move up to a BMW to get get a HUD.

What is a "loud bong"?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love the HUD and that it raises and lowers. In the US, you need to move up to a BMW to get get a HUD.

What is a "loud bong"?
the 'BONG' noise when you put it in reverse. I can't find anywhere to turn it down or off.

As I said, I do find the HUD useful, it just looks a bit like a toy to me.
But the everything else is really lovely. I think the AWD Sportnav with the 18" wheels is a beautiful looking car, not just in it's price range, it's just a beautiful looking car full stop.

But on the 16s it might as well be a hyundai or a kia I think.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Ah, my US version is silent as it goes into reverse. Didn't know other markets had audible indications of going into reverse.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah, my US version is silent as it goes into reverse. Didn't know other markets had audible indications of going into reverse.
Audible?? It's more than audible that's for sure! It's audible 50ft away I reckon

·
Registered
240 Posts
@matt you may want to take it back to the dealership and have them take a look at that. I am in Canada and I honestly do not hear a thing when mine is put into reverse. That seems really sketchy to me.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Mine has a beep when you put it in reverse to tell you the parking sensors are working but that's how loud it is - one of the parking sensor beeps. Maybe it's the baby screaming when you hammer it out of a roundabout.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
maybe it's more a beep than a bong, but it's loud and very annoying- actually you're right it is the same sound as the parking sensors. they're too loud too.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
That initial beep when you put it into reverse is the parking sensors telling you they are working. Without that, if they failed, you wouldn’t know until you backed into something.

I will look later to see how you can reduce the sound.

·
Registered
193 Posts
My GT is silent in reverse. No beep... No bong... Nothing. I do not have the driving nannie package. Regular GT with no options.

I recommend going back to the dealership and drive a similar equipped CX3. If both make the same noise and you are satisfied nothing is defective, the ask the dealer about a setting which can lower the volume.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
that would be amazing if it can be turned down a bit. That's the only real niggle I have with the car, as I really love it alot more than I was expecting to.

It may not be as practical as other cars, but that's why it's such a good a looking and enjoyable car. If I was more bothered about practicality I would've got a Honda or something. I never expected I'd ever buy a small SUV or crossover- whatever you wanna call it, as I've always objected to FWDs that look like four wheel drives, and I didn't want a diesel. I'd never heard of the CX3 until I started looking at cars, and when I saw it was available in both AWD and petrol, I thought I'd take a look... and here we are now!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts