Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, been following for a while - especially enjoy Anchorman's knowledge and ingenuity! :)

For those who like to compare and contrast, I note that the HR-V has now been tested by the IIHS - and didn't fare as well as one might hope, particularly with a 'Poor' rating in the Structure and Safety Cage component of the Side Impact test ('Acceptable' overall). I for one will be interested to see how the CX-3 fares.

Can't post links yet, but website is: www(dot)IIHS(dot)org

·
Registered
195 Posts
Oh wow... HR-V's frontal crumple made me wince a bit but everything seems fine except for the structure and safety cage problem from the side hit.

Will be interesting to see what the CX-3 scores.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Hi all, been following for a while - especially enjoy Anchorman's knowledge and ingenuity! :)

For those who like to compare and contrast, I note that the HR-V has now been tested by the IIHS - and didn't fare as well as one might hope, particularly with a 'Poor' rating in the Structure and Safety Cage component of the Side Impact test ('Acceptable' overall). I for one will be interested to see how the CX-3 fares.

Can't post links yet, but website is: www(dot)IIHS(dot)org
Thanks for the kind words jt.

The CX-3 scored very well in the Euro NCAP test and only missed full marks because the base model doesn't include autonomous braking. It will be good to see some comparative results from the IIHS.

Reactions: jtOttawa

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Scion iA, which is a Mazda 2 derivative, has been tested by the IIHS, and might therefore give a hint as to how the CX-3 might perform. Quite impressive, actually - that Small Overlap test is very demanding:

Vehicle details

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Somebody posted some crash test video up on this forum and in all the tests, only one didn't leave the windscreen virtually intact. That appeals to me and all my vulnerable bits.

Can anyone find it for jt?

Reactions: jtOttawa

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Anchorman! I did see both the NCAP and the JNCAP videos - IIHS interests me in particular because I think their Small Overlap and Side Impact tests are some of the most demanding crash tests currently performed (although that side pole impact that NCAP performs is pretty brutal) and really show a car's safety mettle (or lack thereof). I'll keep checking the IIHS' website for the CX-3 and post back here once it's up.

·
Registered
275 Posts
The Scion iA, which is a Mazda 2 derivative, has been tested by the IIHS, and might therefore give a hint as to how the CX-3 might perform. Quite impressive, actually - that Small Overlap test is very demanding:

Vehicle details
Good point, i heard they share a lot of things, to start, the platform is one of the things, which might be why the iA is as cheap as it is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts