Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Mazda CX-3 HATCHBACK SPECIAL EDITION - 2018 2.0 Sport Black + 5dr Auto
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We downsized from a Volvo XC60 so have to accept some differences
It’s not as economical on petrol as I hoped but generally pleased. The head up display is a nice touch

·
Registered
201 Posts
I downsized from a Tribute to the CX3 AWD GT and love the size and styling. Not sure if you ever get to experience driving in snow, but the AWD works perfectly in those conditions. The heads-up display is nice; I never realized just how much better it is than having to glance down at the gauges. My GPS is probably very out of date since it's in a 2016 model. Even still, it's better than paper maps and really helped on our recent road trip.

I'm quite happy with the fuel economy and just drove from Ontario, Canada to Florida, USA for vacation. The round trip distance was just over 4,400 km and the entire trip cost a total of 330 US$ for fuel. At the time gas was around $4 per US gallon. I consider that mileage to be pretty good and with the range of 500 km / 310 miles per tank, it meant we only had to stop every four hours or so. By that time you needed to get out and stretch, use the washroom, or eat anyway.

Enjoy your CX3 and welcome to the group.

·
Registered
Mazda CX-3 HATCHBACK SPECIAL EDITION - 2018 2.0 Sport Black + 5dr Auto
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I downsized from a Tribute to the CX3 AWD GT and love the size and styling. Not sure if you ever get to experience driving in snow, but the AWD works perfectly in those conditions. The heads-up display is nice; I never realized just how much better it is than having to glance down at the gauges. My GPS is probably very out of date since it's in a 2016 model. Even still, it's better than paper maps and really helped on our recent road trip.

I'm quite happy with the fuel economy and just drove from Ontario, Canada to Florida, USA for vacation. The round trip distance was just over 4,400 km and the entire trip cost a total of 330 US$ for fuel. At the time gas was around $4 per US gallon. I consider that mileage to be pretty good and with the range of 500 km / 310 miles per tank, it meant we only had to stop every four hours or so. By that time you needed to get out and stretch, use the washroom, or eat anyway.

Enjoy your CX3 and welcome to the group.
I have driven in snow but it’s rare in the southern counties of England. Problem is that snow is so erratic here that neither the drivers nor the utilities know how to deal with it.
My last major experience of snow was a few years ago when I hit a patch of slush on the Belgian autoroute, spun the car and thank God only hit the Armco barrier and no other vehicle. It wrote off all the systems in the front of the car which was then scrapped and I got back to Uk by cab, train and hire car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts