Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

1138 I'm going to take your info and see if I can special order from Maple Shade Mazda in South Jersey (where I live). Can you share if Ramsey took anything off of MSRP? Dealers I'm dealing with here are not dealing at all yet....maybe soon since the inventories are growing. Appreciate all your help!

Oh and too the member who said there's 625 FWD CX-3's....I'm sure you're correct nationally but the Grand Touring FWD's are no where to be found here in the NorthEast.

Oh and too the member who said there's 625 FWD CX-3's....I'm sure you're correct nationally but the Grand Touring FWD's are no where to be found here in the NorthEast.
I did a search on cars.com for FWD GTs using a NYC zip code and they're all about 275 outside of the city. I don't know where in the NorthEast you are but it seems there are some in the region.

1138 I'm going to take your info and see if I can special order from Maple Shade Mazda in South Jersey (where I live). Can you share if Ramsey took anything off of MSRP? Dealers I'm dealing with here are not dealing at all yet....maybe soon since the inventories are growing. Appreciate all your help!

Sure I negotiated for 25000 even. + 300.00 for office fees and NYS Tax. Good luck!:)

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Thanks to all who replied re: FWD availability. Since I didn't want AWD anyway I ended up buying a brand new 2014 Mazda 3S for $3500 off MSRP. Found it to be roomier, more dog friendly, better power with 184HP., and a little better handling. Noise levels seemed similar. It's also rated 27/37 mpg. Still not an easy decision. Good bye and good luck to CX3 forum!

Hello CX3 folk. My first post but been lurking for months. Wondering if any info on when we can expect FWD versions in USA. My local dealers says Mazda has not started production of FWD CX3 yet. Since we have a Highlander AWD we just want a fun to drive economy car so the bit of extra mpg and scoot in the FWD would suit us fine. Thanks for any help.
I hear January before FWD CX-3's will arrive in the US. I've seen 3 dealers here in the LA area - consistent answer - so I have a deposit on one. I should know later this week an approximate build date.

I hear January before FWD CX-3's will arrive in the US. I've seen 3 dealers here in the LA area - consistent answer - so I have a deposit on one. I should know later this week an approximate build date.
There are already hundreds of FWD CX3s currently for sale in the US.

Grand Touring FWD's are rare

DJ I agree that there are hundreds of FWD CX-3's but to clarify if you want a Grand Touring version with FWD that's where, dependent on geography, you're screwed. Dealers north of VA have none. January is the company line that all of them are saying is when Mazda will begin shipping FWD versions to these areas.

DJ I agree that there are hundreds of FWD CX-3's but to clarify if you want a Grand Touring version with FWD that's where, dependent on geography, you're screwed. Dealers north of VA have none. January is the company line that all of them are saying is when Mazda will begin shipping FWD versions to these areas.
I'll second that! Have mine on order and probably won't get mine till January...December if I'm lucky. I live in New York BTW and nothing in the Tri-State area!

I'll second that! Have mine on order and probably won't get mine till January...December if I'm lucky. I live in New York BTW and nothing in the Tri-State area!
I'm seconding that. When CX-3 came out every NYC-area dealer (NY-NJ-CT Tri-State Area) I visited or spoke with said no chance of FWD being available in the Northeast for the foreseeable future.

If you're willing to go down to (or have transferred from) VA, they have a bunch of FWD CX-3's in various colors and trims. So if you gotta have it now and don't want to wait....

Just a few FWD's

DJ I did what you suggested and there's a grand total of 6 FWD with the Grand Touring package within 250 miles of Northern VA. Again Mazda has purposefully chosen not to ship the FWD GT version to large parts of the US. It's BS in my opinion and the two dealers I spoke to in NJ told me they are not happy about it either. You're blessed to be in VA but us NJ folks are SOL.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.