Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

New member seeking FWD CX3

11K views 34 replies 15 participants last post by  DJ9999 
#1 ·
Hello CX3 folk. My first post but been lurking for months. Wondering if any info on when we can expect FWD versions in USA. My local dealers says Mazda has not started production of FWD CX3 yet. Since we have a Highlander AWD we just want a fun to drive economy car so the bit of extra mpg and scoot in the FWD would suit us fine. Thanks for any help.

Discussion starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the responses! I kind of figured local dealer was trying to sell what he had (AWD) but I wanted to see if others had successfully found FWD versions. Veracity does not seem to be a characteristic of our local car dealers. Guess I'll check into a Ceramic FWD but it would be nice to drive a FWD before ordering.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Thanks to all who replied re: FWD availability. Since I didn't want AWD anyway I ended up buying a brand new 2014 Mazda 3S for $3500 off MSRP. Found it to be roomier, more dog friendly, better power with 184HP., and a little better handling. Noise levels seemed similar. It's also rated 27/37 mpg. Still not an easy decision. Good bye and good luck to CX3 forum!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.