Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

New member seeking FWD CX3

11K views 34 replies 15 participants last post by  DJ9999 
Hello CX3 folk. My first post but been lurking for months. Wondering if any info on when we can expect FWD versions in USA. My local dealers says Mazda has not started production of FWD CX3 yet. Since we have a Highlander AWD we just want a fun to drive economy car so the bit of extra mpg and scoot in the FWD would suit us fine. Thanks for any help.
I'm in Virginia -- along my search, I've seen FWD sprinkled throughout my region. AWDs are much more prevalent, but FWDs do exist out there. I'm looking to get my hands on a FWD within the next few days.

I'm also in VA (Northern VA) and according to the dealers I've talked to the # of FWD vs AWD is going to be small and next to impossible to find (particularly along the Northeast Seaboard). Because the Mazda 3 hatchback doesn't come in AWD they didn't want to gut the sales of that car so they sent mostly AWD. I've yet to see a FWD, but I was able to get a Sport AWD for a great price.
I'm in Richmond (originally from NOVA), so I obsessively searched the Richmond, VA Beach, and Northern VA regions. I was looking for a pretty specific model and ended up driving to Chesapeake to pick up the car -- FWD GT, Ceramic Metallic/black, no extra options/packages. I saw a lot more FWDs in Richmond and further south into NC. I didn't see any FWD in Northern Virginia.

Banana I too am been seeking a FWD GT but have been told by 10 dealers from PA/NJ/DE that no FWD GT's will ship in our area until new year. It's like Mazda decided that anything north of VA is snow areas and they want to push the AWD version hard. The dealers won't even take an order for FWD GT!!
Sorry to hear that! Have you checked cars.com and the inventory on Mazda's website?

Bananas how do I check inventory on Mazda's website? I assume you mean Mazdausa.com? Appreciate your help!
cars.com is pretty up-to-date. I filtered by drivetrain and trim when I was searching for mine.

As for mazdausa.com, just go to the CX-3 page and build your car. All you really need to put in is your trim and drivetrain. Grand Touring FWD for you, right? Once you get to page 5, the Summary page, click "Search Inventory." I got No Results a million times, so just click "Expand Search Radius," put in your zip code and do like 250 miles to get the largest range. It'll show the interior/exterior colors and MSRP so you can kind of guess what other options/packages are included with the car. Then I would just go to that dealership's website to get more info on the car, and reach out to them for a quote if I wanted to.

You can then refine your search by trim and color at the top and sort by distance to find the ones nearest to you. This helped a lot for me, since I was so specific in what I wanted. The closest one I wanted was two hours away, but I did end up making that drive to get it. It was worth it :) Hope this helps!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.