Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - anybody can help I'd appreciate it. I don't like the single horn so I purchased a pair of 400hz/500hz horns and am at the start of the installation. I need to remove the top plastic under the hood that covers the horns and I don't want to remove the entire front bumper. I've remove the clips and screws but the top plastic is attached to the front bumper and I need to remove these tiny attachment clips/screws and don't know how. I'm putting a pic of the two kinds of clips/screws. One seems to have a triangular middle; the other seems like a more standard clip but I wanted to ask so as not to break these. Please help!! thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've gotten the standard clips off (the one above that says "and this") but I still can't figure out how to get the ones with the triangular inside part - I'm concerned that maybe they only come off from the bottom which would mean I do need to take off the whole bumper.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Got your message ;-)

I'm afraid those don't come off. They are a bit like a plastic rivet so all you could do is drill them and then use something else. Have you got the instructions for getting the bumper off? It will be so much easier than struggling like that. I can post them again if you like.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you re-post? I'm scared to take the bumper off since it seems like so many steps but please post so I can check - thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Here you go.......

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just be certain you absolutely HAVE to remove the front bumper cover, etc. to install your new horns. I purchased a pair of Fiamm high/low tone 'Freeway Blaster' horns and looked at the bumper cover removal issue. What I discovered was that I was able to install them from the bottom of the 'bumper' assembly. I made a bracket at my work bench to accommodate both horns and fabricated the necessary wiring harness, then went about removing the stock horn and mounting plate - by lowering it to the bottom of the grille assembly and removing the horn. The new horn assembly went in through the bottom and up into place, using the same mounting bolt hole as the stock horn. There was a little monkeying about getting everything into place, but nothing major. Then I connected the new wire to the stock connector, and Voila! - new - and much better sounding - horns. All done in much less than an hour.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Yes, I’ve heard about squeezing in through various gaps but it doesn’t suite me. I like to stand and look it in the face;

1 - 7 of 7 Posts