Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

New CX-3 owner in Milwaukee!

6K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Vipre77 
#1 ·
Got one of the first ones sold in Milwaukee! Picked it up on Saturday last weekend. Ceramic Silver Touring AWD w/Premium Package. This is my fourth Mazda. Had an 04 Mazda 6S 5-Door, then an 07 Mazda 3S GT Sedan, and then an 05 Mazda 6S 5-Door, and now the CX-3. I had an 08 Pontiac G8 Base model in there between the 3 and the second 6. It got rear-ended and totaled. The second 6 had a lot of issues going on with it that I didn't want to spend money to fix. So far, very happy with my new set of wheels!

#4 ·
Just a standard CX-3 Touring in Ceramic Silver. Looks same as all the others. :D

I've only taken a couple pics so far and haven't put them up online yet.

This one isn't mine, but mine is exactly the same.

#5 ·
I took a couple Mini Cooper S Clubmans out for test drives. One a regular S, the other a John Cooper Works edition. Both 2009 models. JCW with manual and regular S with automatic. Both were used, obviously. They were amazingly fun to drive. My wife wasn't crazy about the little suicide door on one side only. Kids didn't like having to crawl all the way across to the driver-side rear seat. Cargo space was extra tight, 3 cu. ft. less than the CX-3 with the seats up and around 10 cu. ft. less with seats down. And having to run premium gas sucks. All that said, I was strongly considering the all-new 2016 Cooper Clubman coming out in January which addresses most of those concerns with the exception of the premium gas. The new Clubman is adding more rear seat space, 10 inches more cargo space, and replacing the single rear door with two regular doors.

I also took a 2012 Ford Focus SEL hatchback for a spin. It was fun, but the rear seat leg room was a bit too cramped, the center console was just too busy, and it didn't have as much, well, zoom-zoom like I'm used to. Handled very well, just lacked power. The CX-3 isn't much better in that regard, but I do like the gear selection Mazda made with this transmission. Feels more powerful than it is.

Last car I drove was a 2016 Mazda 6. One I drove was almost fully loaded. Outstanding car for the money. I liked almost everything about it. Almost. They even offered me as much as $5000 for my old 6 in trade for one, plus 1.9% APR financing, plus an extra $1000 incentive besides the $500 Mazda loyalty bonus. It was an extremely good deal, and truth be told, I probably should have taken it. The bigger Mazda 6 is probably a more practical car overall, and it's more fuel efficient, so the total cost of ownership is probably lower.

But the CX-3 just spoke to me more. Better handling and AWD weighed heavily in my decision.

Other cars I considered, but didn't test drive: Subaru Impreza, Outback, and Legacy, Ford Flex (kinda going the other way there...), Chevy Volt, and Mazda CX-5.

#8 ·
As it turns out, my wife ran into some major repair bills on her 2010 Subaru Forester and we traded it in for a 2016 CX-5 Sport FWD in Reflex Blue with the rear camera package. So we're rocking two new 2016 CX's in my garage! :D

Wasn't planning on getting another new car right away since we just paid off the Subaru three weeks ago. We were hoping to go at least a year more with it before she needed a new set of wheels, but such it life.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.