Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally jumped the gun the new tires. I am looking to get the most ground clearance as possible. I need the clearance for some trails that I go often down in Mexico. The ride is a lot smoother, but slightly noisier during highway speeds. I now need to sale my 215/50/18 with 10k miles. Special thanks to Slykooper for all his advice.

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't really had a lot of options for 18in rims, but I think this was as large as I could go. I think I was able to squeeze an extra .5 in ground clearance.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks great. I know what my first set of replacement tires will be! No lift or anything?
I can't lift the car, there are not kits out there that I now of. But frankly, with the new tires, I was able to obtain almost 1 inch of ground clearance, and the ride is A LOT smoother than before. The tires I put are where the largest and most aggressive tires I could find. I've crawled through steep hills like a champ. Because of the lack of ground clearance, I can't simply accelerate through the dirt hills, so have good traction through my slow climbs is key. The setup I have is perfect for this.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I can't lift the car, there are not kits out there that I now of. But frankly, with the new tires, I was able to obtain almost 1 inch of ground clearance, and the ride is A LOT smoother than before. The tires I put are where the largest and most aggressive tires I could find. I've crawled through steep hills like a champ. Because of the lack of ground clearance, I can't simply accelerate through the dirt hills, so have good traction through my slow climbs is key. The setup I have is perfect for this.
How far off is your speedo?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How far off is your speedo?
On paper it should be 7-8 mph, but in reality it is more like 5-6 mph (my butt feel based on how see the cars around me). I do feel the car is less planted to the ground when doing fast and tight turns, most likely because of the increased height, but for every day use, the tires feel a lot better than OEM.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any problems scrubbing while turning or when hitting bumps, potholes etc?
Pretty good! No rubbing at all. I've taken my cx-3 on some heavy off-road trails where the suspensions compresses to the max. No rubbing. Potholes feel a lot smoother than oem, and the ride is also smoother.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Pretty good! No rubbing at all. I've taken my cx-3 on some heavy off-road trails where the suspensions compresses to the max. No rubbing. Potholes feel a lot smoother than oem, and the ride is also smoother.
Will probably pull the trigger on some 225/55R18 myself soon, with winter coming up... The new Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail is 0.1" shorter than the Yoko according to specs so if you don't have problems with those then these probably won't either. Also considering getting the same lift springs as Slycoopers... Mean little rally machine!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Will probably pull the trigger on some 225/55R18 myself soon, with winter coming up... The new Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail is 0.1" shorter than the Yoko according to specs so if you don't have problems with those then these probably won't either. Also considering getting the same lift springs as Slycoopers... Mean little rally machine!

He is a video of today's off-road. This one was one of the easiest climbs. I didn't have any problems. No wheel slips, no lights came on. Traction control was on. I will most likely install Slycoopers springs and the new Falken. However, the extra clearance from the springs will let me run 225/60/18 (28.3 diameter) vs 27.7 that I currently have. I the height gained with the springs is vertical only, but I will be crossing my fingers. The witj of mine are 9.3 and the Falken's would be 9.0. I'll give it a try later.

https://youtu.be/2PI3HioLIvU

·
Registered
3 Posts
I finally jumped the gun the new tires. I am looking to get the most ground clearance as possible. I need the clearance for some trails that I go often down in Mexico. The ride is a lot smoother, but slightly noisier during highway speeds. I now need to sale my 215/50/18 with 10k miles. Special thanks to Slykooper for all his advice.

Visit this site for tire comparison. Bereken/calculate Hoogte/Hight

Greetings Rob (NL)

·
Registered
3 Posts
On paper it should be 7-8 mph, but in reality it is more like 5-6 mph (my butt feel based on how see the cars around me). I do feel the car is less planted to the ground when doing fast and tight turns, most likely because of the increased height, but for every day use, the tires feel a lot better than OEM.

Difference is 8,1% witch is NOT aloud in Europe max 3%.

Rob (NL)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts