Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Since our car didn't come with satnav and Mazda doesn't have car play yet, we are considering buying the navigation sd card; they cost $399 at the dealership but I've found it for much less on Amazon; they are also sold on Ebay but I don't really trust Ebay that much for purchases like this.

Has anyone bought this on the after market? What was your experience? I'm not sure if there are differences.

Thanks for your input!

Kat

·
Registered
76 Posts
I recived mine this week , it works perfectly and I bought it for €53 from ebay !! Thats an original map with the original logo on it .

·
Registered
205 Posts
Buy it on ebay from a vendor that has 100% FB that does lots of sales. Chances are good that they are not going to risk not getting another +FB from you as a buyer of this SD Nav card for your car, or have it thrown in as part of the sale of the car from your dealer.

I did the latter and I also got our CX-3 below MSRP from the dealer I purchased from.

Tony

·
Registered
223 Posts
Buy it on ebay from a vendor that has 100% FB that does lots of sales. Chances are good that they are not going to risk not getting another +FB from you as a buyer of this SD Nav card for your car, or have it thrown in as part of the sale of the car from your dealer.

I did the latter and I also got our CX-3 below MSRP from the dealer I purchased from.

Tony
My daughter did the same thing, Tony at my urging. She would not finalize the deal until they agreed to include the SD card and they did! However, the OP did not have this opportunity so buying one from a reputable dealer on ebay is the next best thing! When I bought my 2015 Nissan Frontier SL, it was slightly used, I got it in 2016. I looked online and there was a newer SD card available (actually 2 years newer as mine was 2014 SD) so I made them get the new card for me! No free updates for Nissan and the SD card is normally $150. Pays to bargain!!!

·
Registered
205 Posts
"Pays to bargain"...................correct!!!!

We as consumers have the power (money) in our pockets, most places if they want a sale they will try their best to do what it takes to seal the deal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought mine off Amazon and it is an official Mazda card but I cannot figure out how to have it point in the direction to display facing up.... Drives me crazy

·
Registered
138 Posts
I bought mine off Amazon and it is an official Mazda card but I cannot figure out how to have it point in the direction to display facing up.... Drives me crazy
If I remember correctly I had to set mime in 2 d to show the right direction.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Guys - I drove a really hard bargain and got the car for 3k under MSRP. I truly believe that they did not make a profit on this; I also know that they needed the sale to up their numbers. Anyhow, I didn't feel like bargaining any more, plus I think that they have less leeway on these extra parts. Either way, I bought one for under $100 bucks on Ebay that got all good reviews, so hoping it'll be the real thing. I can handle spending 100 bucks when I make a purchase of this magnitude, after getting a pretty god darn good deal - I did all the comparisons on True Car, Edmunds - you name it. i got an exceptional deal and I wasn't going to make a stink about a satnav card. I HATE haggling to begin with - I'm from Germany, and admittedly, I've been away for a while, but I don't think we do it this way back home....I remember being in Egypt and Tunisia and just LOATHING it, only to move to the States and realizing it's no different here LOL

Anyway, from what I've read, Carplay is about to be roled out and added to Mazda anyway; so I will probably use Google Maps over the satnav, but it's not a bad idea to have a satnav in case you have patchy cell phone reception etc.

Lets see how it plays out....either way, I feel privileged to be able to get a nice new car, compared to pretty much all of my co-workers who can barely make ends meet at the end of the pay period. I am lucky.

Kat :)

·
Registered
893 Posts
Anyway, from what I've read, Carplay is about to be roled out and added to Mazda anyway; so I will probably use Google Maps over the satnav, but it's not a bad idea to have a satnav in case you have patchy cell phone reception etc.
I wouldn't hold my breath, Mazda has been saying this for 2 years now, most recently in March. 5 months later and nothing new from them.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Just for information, I just updated my SD card using Mazda Toolbox. It did indeed need an update because for the first time the street where I live was listed correctly when I plugged it back in the car. I can't find any information in the "About..." menu item in the Navigation menu system with any version numbers or dates, so the only way is to plug the card into your computer and let Mazda Toolbox find out if it needs an update.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts