Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you named your CX3? I have a 2008 Miata named Little Zyp so my CX3 has been called Big Zyp since the day she was first parked in the garage. What say you CX3 people?

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
One of my daughters names cars but I never have. I'll sometimes say "well done you" when it's got me through a blizzard or a good quick run into work (23 miles each way). It's not all good though because it gets cussed quite badly when it won't do what I want it to do - usually through my impatience or incompetence.

·
Registered
234 Posts
my girlfriend and her sister forced me to name our cx3 Baymax from that disney movie big hero 6. somehow if u look at it straight on and ignore the grill they see a baymax. i dont but i cant agrue against them so baymax it is. oh and i guess they feel much safer in it unlike my 2008 honda fit so the baymax safety part i guess fits. idk how girls think i just dont argue lol

·
Registered
106 Posts
I never named my previous (and many) cars but, when I purchased a 2011 Ford Fiesta, the "MyFord" website wanted a name for the vehicle. So, instead of something like "John's Fiesta" or some such, I named it "Caustic" because the color was "Lime Squeeze". Get it? Lime? Caustic? Oh well... The MyMazda site wants a name for our cars as well, so my '13 CWP Mazdaspeed 3 was "Tsuki", which is Japanese for either "moon" or "thrust" (which I thought apropos). My CX-3 is "Ryūsei" which is Japanese for "meteor", the color of my car.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've tried naming my previous cars but I never followed through with making them stick. With that said, I've named my CX-3 "Finn". Mostly after seeing the new Star Wars movie and partly because of the fin-like antennae on the roof. We'll see if it sticks for me this time.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Many people applied thoughtful logic to name selection. I like it!!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
my girlfriend and her sister forced me to name our cx3 Baymax from that disney movie big hero 6. somehow if u look at it straight on and ignore the grill they see a baymax. i dont but i cant agrue against them so baymax it is. oh and i guess they feel much safer in it unlike my 2008 honda fit so the baymax safety part i guess fits. idk how girls think i just dont argue lol
If you're stuck with that, may as well go all the way and stick one of these on your CX-3.

·
Registered
240 Posts
We named mine "Stitch" From Lilo and Stitch. All due to the Car being Dynamic Blue and it is kind of spazz like.

·
Registered
234 Posts
yea i've been looking to get baymax decals. been on vacation back at my original home in hawaii and wont be back for another week. def will make an order if i can find a simple looking one to put next to my wisconsin car enthusist club decal.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Emoji emulating the name... Remove the SkyActive badge and replace with a name reflecting emoji. Hmmmm

·
Registered
24 Posts
I named mine Fujin. He's the Japanese God of Wind. The CX-3 feels light to drive, weighs like a feather. He is also depicted as a blue character. Mine's a Deep Crystal Blue Mica.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Went with Skittle, and Skit for short. The dynamic blue is an awesome color and pretty fun too. Driving is always a treat!

·
Registered
451 Posts
When my CX3 panel does a reboot when I am trying to use it, I have all kinds of names for it. None of them are printable here!

But when the car is behaving, I call it Michelle or sometimes just Mike.

I was going to call it Ahura (Ahura-Mazda is the Zoroastrian god of light) but that sounds a bit affected.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts