Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried all afternoon to pair (bond) my Doro phone with the Mazda and it fails every time. Is anyone else having this problem?

I get to my phone displaying "Mazda" and a prompt to "bond" the device. It tries a few times but ends up saying that it failed "due to an unknown error."

Guess I'll have to commit to distracted driving when I need to talk to someone!

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have never heard of Doro. Is this a common brand, or is it perhaps more of a thing in a different country or region?

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
You have to st the car and the phone discoverable.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Doro phone is an import from Denmark and is a specialty phone for people like me who have hearing disabilities. It is really made for the elderly with large buttons, very bright display and extra loud sound output. Rogers Telecom in Canada still carry the brand.

Anyhow, yes I did the attempted pairing according to the manual (I have done it on other devices with no problem. It is only the Mazda that refuses to pair with it. The phone can see the car - it displays "Mazda" when it asks if I want to pair with it. Then tells me to type the "0000" when asked and shows a progress wheel but fails and aborts the attempt because of an "unknown error."

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I need to try mine again but I thought the car needed a prompt too.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yes, you are right the car needs to be prompt. Check that both devices are running their latest software versions first. I believe that the latest MazdaConnect update had some fixes recently to a number of known Bluetooth issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts