Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love everything about the vehicle and really appreciate the ability to listen to all my music, Pandora and even youtube. But one thing is puzzling me - where is the latch to open the lift gate? The manual photo points into a pit of darkness near the floor where I can't find anything. Any help appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Nope. You go round the back and press the button Ron. What do you want a latch for?

·
Registered
56 Posts
He's not wrong folks...the quick start manual does indeed have a label for lift gate release that points to nothing. Perhaps the design at one time had a release like the hood? Or maybe other countries have this, although I can't imagine why?

In any event it works just like every other keyless hatch I've had, so I would probably never use such a feature.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I have not seen a lever for opening the boot since the year 2000 when it was similar to the way you can open the bonnet on a CX3 now. Why they did away with the boot release lever on Mazda (and most other makers) cars is a mystery to me. It was far more handy - and speaking of hands, it left your hands much cleaner in the process than the button release that is on current cars.

Reactions: greaseman85
1 - 6 of 6 Posts