Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a long time to decide on a color - they all look good - but I've only seen one black one on the road and it looked pretty sharp so I threw in the towel and got black mica. I think it also goes best with the red interior trim.

Now for the hard part - accessories.
1. Door sills - Mazda aluminum ones look like they'll dent and scratch within a day. I thought of rubber like the back hatch but can't find any.
2. Chrome rocker trim like the Grand Touring model - where do get that?
3. Rug for the back hatch - I used to have one on my Mazda 3 but they only sell rubber ones now.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I priced the trims withe the prospect of adding them to my CX-5 as it looks a bit bland there. They were about £240 so I would expect you to pay in the order of $300 for them. They are worth pricing and they do lift the side IMO.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Have seen stainless steel door sill trim on Ebay.
I ordered the complete EBAY set (front lower airdam cover, rear valance cover, lower door edge trim, and rear cargo hatch bumper pad cover. All in SS. USD $370 for all of it. We'll have to see the quality once it arrives (from China).

·
Registered
872 Posts
I have the Mazda OEM Door Sills and have no idea how you'd ever dent them unless you took a hammer to them. Not sure how they'd scratch either. But I don't beat up on my vehicles.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I mention the sill scuffing because my wife has a Mini Clubman where they got so thoroughly trashed, I had to replace at approximately 40K miles. Kids under 12 may have had something to do with it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Congrats on the new ride, I'll agree that the CX-3 looks good in any color, but black is always a good choice.

Personally I find hunting for accessories is as enjoyable as the car purchase as it keeps your enthusiasm going well past delivery as you continue to add and personalize the vehicle.

I'll leave the door sill trim for others to reply to, but I can tell you there are a number of rocker trim options on Ebay. I was never able to get a Mazda part number for these trims but found plenty of choices from China (for all I know that's what Mazda uses) I like the way they break up the black plastic, but they cost me more when I decided I wanted the front and rear sills as well to complete the chrome effect..;)

·
Registered
451 Posts
I have the Mazda OEM Door Sills and have no idea how you'd ever dent them unless you took a hammer to them. Not sure how they'd scratch either. But I don't beat up on my vehicles.
I guess you don't own a dog. If you did you would not be surprised at the complaints about scratches on the door sills.;)

·
Registered
872 Posts
I guess you don't own a dog. If you did you would not be surprised at the complaints about scratches on the door sills.;)
I do own a dog. I would never let him in the front. No dog should ever be in the front seats, ever. I do partially lift mine in/out of the back because the doors are so narrow and I don't want him scrambling to get in/out safely.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts