Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So up until a couple days ago, I was able to change songs via the forward/backward button on my steering wheel. Out of nowhere, it stopped working and I'm not sure how that happened. My volume control on the wheel still works and I can fast forward or backward through a song using the same buttons that change the track (long press). My music source is my Galaxy S5 (Android) and is connected via Bluetooth. If anyone knows anything about this, your input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Are you in a playlist, or is it all songs.

What about the repeat and random buttons on the bottom of screen, worth a check

Can make a difference to what it sees as available songs to play.

Mine was stuck in an album folder at one stage with 1 song in it and with the repeat folder option on it could not go anywhere else.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Try a hard reset. Press the nav, back and reset buttons until it re boots.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Glad you got it fixed. For others who might make their way in here, make sure you've got the latest software for the car. The newest version is 55, and mine (purchased in October) came with version 51. The dealer initially didn't think it needed an update because a service bulletin wasn't issued, but they were able to take care of it in a few minutes. I definitely noticed improved performance with the Bluetooth sync from my iPhone. Here's a partial list of fixes:

- Improved vehicle location accuracy when GPS is weak
- Radio screen stability and commander function stability improved
- Greatly improved audio stability when playing music via Bluetooth connection
- Improved functionality of Album art displaying with iPhone when plugged into USB port
- Functionality of the MUTE button improved
- Navigation stability greatly improved

·
Registered
275 Posts
Turns out a simple restart of your phone does the trick! Thanks for the help guys :)
Awesome. That's just about the best way to go about this issues, start with the easiest/cheapest things and work your way up the ladder of increased complexity (and cost at times)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts