Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts
Update:

Well it was soon pretty obvious that Mazda UK & Technical had no idea when it came to MP3's and tagging etc etc. They failed to understand that albums tend to play by track number not alpherbetically and Gracenote would in fact need updating daily not twice a year to remain 'accurate' something it's not always anyway.

Well I've vastly improved access time on USB's by 'disabling' Gracenote. I ran the Gracenote update then started the car halfway through therefore removing the database. Access times now are very quick with it taking the info from the mp3 tags. The only fly in the ointment is it still insists in playing album tracks in alphabetical order :mad:

Update:

Well it was soon pretty obvious that Mazda UK & Technical had no idea when it came to MP3's and tagging etc etc. They failed to understand that albums tend to play by track number not alpherbetically and Gracenote would in fact need updating daily not twice a year to remain 'accurate' something it's not always anyway.

Well I've vastly improved access time on USB's by 'disabling' Gracenote. I ran the Gracenote update then started the car halfway through therefore removing the database. Access times now are very quick with it taking the info from the mp3 tags. The only fly in the ointment is it still insists in playing album tracks in alphabetical order :mad:
Thats interesting, so without Gracenote I assume you won't see the options for by artist etc etc.

What about playlists, any change there, as they seem to be validated at each start after grace note finishes.

I have noticed that accessing playlists by folder is way faster to restart than accessing same songs via a playlist (all playlist songs in one directory)

I don't use playlists. All the options are still there Artist / Album / Genre etc. You don't need Gracenote, it is superfluous as all the data is in the mp3 tags.

I've got all the information including artwork.

I found an easy solution to change the format of a Sandisk Ultra Fit 64GB Flash Drive to FAT32 using a free program called EASE US which can be downloaded from the CNET website. The whole process from download to changing the format of the Flash Drive took less than 5 minutes. I now have my whole iTunes library on a 64GB Flash Drive.

Here is the link that i found on You Tube

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&...xd-gyDIqAhQDUnARQ&bvm=bv.122852650,bs.2,d.dGY

The HP format tool is good or just use the built in 'format' in Windows.

My pen drive is Fat32 already.

There's no way I'd be able to get my music library onto one 64GB drive, more like a 2TB drive.

2) The tracks in the album aren't always in album order even though shuffle etc are off
I can help with that one. Through playing around and reading some stuff at other sites, I was able to determine that in folder navigation, the tracks appear in the order that they exist in the FAT directory structure. You can verify this by starting with an empty album directory and copying the files one at a time into the directory in the order that you'd like them to appear.

There are some music management utilities out there that will help with this, but I can't recommend any of them since I just wrote a perl script to do the job for me. It was straightforward for me to do since I already had track numbers encoded in all of the file names in my library.

Hate to resurrect this topic (I've seen threads about USB playlists everywhere), but I've tried about everything in my new CX3 with no luck.
I can shuffle a folder, but that's about it. On occasion I can see my playlist files, but I can't select them, other times it doesn't even show them at all.
Tried different playlist creation apps that others seem to have gotten to work, thumb drives, playlist file types, relative etc. with no luck.
If anyone has a method that consistently works, hit me up.

I'm on 59.00.441 NA N

Honestly, I could just stream from my phone (come ON with the Android Auto support, geez) but this is just one of those things that drives me nuts that I can't figure out.

It'd be nice to be able to have functional offline support (or at lease a USB port in the glove box where I could hide my old iPod).

Oooooookay...

Got in to drive home from work. Phone was acting up so I switched to USB. Same thumb drive that's been in there for days. This time it magically saw the playlists and read them.

Got home, shut down. Later made a run to the store. Doesn't see playlists again.

Hadn't touched the USB the drive, still plugged in but... back to spare one.

Inconsistent at best. Think updating firmware is worth a shot?

Disableing Gracenote

Update:

How did you Disable Gracenote ? My issues are the Meta Data that I have for each MP3 file quite a few will not show the Image for that File. And sometimes not the correct Meta Data Info. It's weird when I put the song on a different Flash Drive it will show the correct Meta Data info. Don't know if I should do a Factory reset. I'm running Ver. 59.00.502 NAN and it seems that it all started when it was updated to this Version..

How did you Disable Gracenote ? My issues are the Meta Data that I have for each MP3 file quite a few will not show the Image for that File. And sometimes not the correct Meta Data Info. It's weird when I put the song on a different Flash Drive it will show the correct Meta Data info. Don't know if I should do a Factory reset. I'm running Ver. 59.00.502 NAN and it seems that it all started when it was updated to this Version..
I found out from Mazda that my Version is outdated there is a newer version ( USA ) 59.00.504.NAN that should correct this problem with Gracenote showing the wrong tags for the MP3's display even the artwork but the tech also told me to try a factory reset see if this resolves issues that I am having on the Display of my MP3's....

41 - 55 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.