Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Yes but you'll have to bear with me as I'm working unsociable hours this week. This might help in the meantime.

It's a bit on the dark side round the wheels.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I can kind of see it. Looks good! I'll just have to wait until mine come in to see it looks. Do you think it helps with the look at all?

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Some mud flaps are eithe too small to be any use or too big and look cobbled up. I think these are just right. Did you see the fitting notes?

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
In my experience, they reduce mud getting slung up the doors but the back of the car still gets filthy in seconds. I think a mighty big vortex exists there!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I feel like it keeps the lower part of the front doors clean. Before I had them, after a wash the lower part (black plastic) got really dirty just driving home.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I’ve added the fitting instructions to the tech section if somebody wants to have a go.

·
Registered
13 Posts
There are a few threads on Mud Flaps but I'll put a comment on this one!

I put on my winter tires this October and also added Front & Rear Mud Guards.
Based on the mazdashop.ca website under CX-3 Accessories, the Front & Rear Mud Guards cost $228.00 CAD with installation.

I bought the same parts (as far as I can tell they are identical other than the fasteners) from Amazon.ca and it cost me:
$23.46 CAD (Mud Guards, Front & Rear) + $19.54 CAD (Retainer Clips Kit with Removal Tools).
Total: $43 CAD
Basically took me 30 minutes to put on all 4.

Here are the parts I purchased:
  1. Weigesi Mudguard Splash Guards Mud Flaps 4pcs Front and Rear for Mazda CX-3 2016-2018 - 31uX2kE6PXL._AC_.jpg
  2. Car Retainer Clips Kit - 711-caudRgL._AC_SL1200_.jpg
I have not put them through snow or mud yet but they hold on secure with no problem at highway speeds. Will provide an update if any issues.

·
Registered
13 Posts
There are a few threads on Mud Flaps but I'll put a comment on this one!

I put on my winter tires this October and also added Front & Rear Mud Guards.
Based on the mazdashop.ca website under CX-3 Accessories, the Front & Rear Mud Guards cost $228.00 CAD with installation.

I bought the same parts (as far as I can tell they are identical other than the fasteners) from Amazon.ca and it cost me:
$23.46 CAD (Mud Guards, Front & Rear) + $19.54 CAD (Retainer Clips Kit with Removal Tools).
Total: $43 CAD
Basically took me 30 minutes to put on all 4.

Here are the parts I purchased:
  1. Weigesi Mudguard Splash Guards Mud Flaps 4pcs Front and Rear for Mazda CX-3 2016-2018 - View attachment 23586
  2. Car Retainer Clips Kit - View attachment 23587
I have not put them through snow or mud yet but they hold on secure with no problem at highway speeds. Will provide an update if any issues.
Oh and I forgot, here is a photo of the final install. They look like they could be original equipment to me.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts