Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody! I have been looking into Mud Flaps, and I am now thinking I do not want to order the Mazda ones. I will instead be looking into Rally type ones. I figure since it is All Wheel Drive Rally type ones will look awesome. My question is, do any of you know if anyone makes them for the CX-3 yet? Or if it is worth it?

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I personally think that without everything else rally, it will look odd with big mudflats. The wheel arches are ready scribed to assist fitting of the compact purpose made flaps. I don't think they will interfere with the aerodynamics either.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@anchorman, Those look great! I may need to go back and really entertain the OEM ones. Thanks for the pic! :)

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I'm still waiting for the forum administrators to up the file size for pdf's and I'll post the whole process.

Reactions: 1362

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Ive tried to post links to the UK forum but it says it needs to be approved by a moderator! I hope they respond in reasonable time!!!

In the meantime, this is how the rear one looks;

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I apologize if this is a stupid question. Do you need to take the wheels off? Or can I use and off set Screwdriver to do the work?

·
Registered
872 Posts
OEMs look really sharp! With that look and fitment, I'd consider nothing else.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I apologize if this is a stupid question. Do you need to take the wheels off? Or can I use and off set Screwdriver to do the work?
Not a stupid question. I had the wheels off to spray wax as you can see but you could easily do the fronts by turning the lock which gives more than enough space. The instructions show the rears being fitted with the wheels on which may be possible with an offset screwdriver but you have to remove that square section of plastic at the rear of the wheel arch. If you look, it has a little door in it to access the rear fog lights (do you have them in the US???). The frustrating thing is, that I’ve scanned the instructions and converted them to pdf and I’ve also added photos to assist the process of fitting but this US site won’t let me attach anything other than a postage stamp sized pdf despite me requesting the attachment size to be upgraded via the “contact us” system. It appears that the forum has been set up and nobody is monitoring it. Get this, I have even created the tutorials on the UK site as they upped the upload site when I requested on the same day. I tried to post links on this site and it comes back with a lightning quick message - “we will check those links are safe before allowing you to post”. Well I hope it’s a bit quicker than updating the upload size!

However, if you Google cx3 forums dot co dot uk in the normal way, then go to technical and faults, you will be able to view the instructions and download the pdf’s.

Reactions: 1362 and Postal

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks for the great pictorial Anchorman. Much easier to follow then the official Mazda installation pdf. Hope the moderators open up for pics as it really helps out us do it yourself folks, however, it was nice to find the UK site!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Anchorman the mud flaps look great. On my list of mods to do. What else.... Black McGard spline drive lug nuts, plasti-dip rear Mazda badge, repair squeaky center arm rest... What else???

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Twin horns?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have the oem mud flaps and I can hardly tell the difference before and after because everything around it is the same color. I have seen rally mudflaps on a Subaru XV and it looked good, so i assume the very similar looking CX-3 would look good as well. If you get the rally flaps i hope you show them on here.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@idbrian If I do get them, I will forsure put some pics up :)

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
On my list to do when you post up the howto, iirc you have to take the bumper off?
Hmm, well. Maybe I'll have to do it on the UK forum Gus. I still haven't had a reply on these pdf uploads.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hmm, well. Maybe I'll have to do it on the UK forum Gus. I still haven't had a reply on these pdf uploads.
If you need a volunteer vehicle for the pictorial, I am more than happy to volunteer mine >:)

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Fetch it up Gus. I'll put you the horns on. I fitted a pair of Ring horns to a sportage last week. They were £25 inc VAT.

I'll supply bacon butties and brews.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts