Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perhaps I miss this in another thread...

But I am confused about the term MSRP
On Mazda factory window sticker it has a MSRP price and then a final MSRP price that includes the destination charge
So, when a reviewer says that the MSRP is $26,000 do they mean with or without destination charge?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
265 Posts
As far as I know is without the extra's just the price of the vehicle itself and nothing more, any more is additional although it is a must, you have to pay for destination.

·
Registered
871 Posts
As far as I know is without the extra's just the price of the vehicle itself and nothing more, any more is additional although it is a must, you have to pay for destination.
Agreed. Its the base price of the vehicle. Then you add destination charges and any port installed items (etc.) till you reach the "total" msrp. Destination can vary so it's not usually quoted by those who review autos.

·
Registered
15 Posts
So, when a reviewer says that the MSRP is $26,000 do they mean with or without destination charge?
With a destination charge. The customer has to pay the destination charge. You can’t opt out of paying it. Each auto maker sets its own destination charge. It can vary in the U.S. I think the destination charge for dealers in Alaska, Hawaii, and the U.S. Territories can be a different amount than a continental U.S. destination charge.

So maybe they print it like that because the destination charge is a non-tangible part of the car and the amount can vary.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Usually when the price is quoted they will specifically say "including destination charges" or "before destination charges."

·
Registered
265 Posts
The only time they'll not charge you destination is if they're really desperate to push the vehicle and want to pull you in more.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Expect to always pay destination. If they are "waving" the destination charge, the dealership is making up on you elsewhere.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.