Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

Mounting DRLs

Tags
dlr
5K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Zechariah936 
#1 · (Edited)
My Chinese DRLs finally arrived and today I attempted to install them. The existing black plastic trim that is removed and replaced by the DRLs is hollow. The DRLs are solid. There are little triangular tangs on the mounting surface that prevent the solid backed DLRs from fitting flush. Is the procedure to simply snip these off?

Also, where's the best place to find ACC. I have fuse taps but couldn't find a fuse that wasn't hot. I didn't try any fuses marked Engine or Brakes. Just things like Radio. I don't have a tool big enough for the ACC fuse.

Thanks, Mack

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Hi Tilroh,
I bought the same DRL and I just installed it, so first of all you will need to snip the little triangular tangs on the mounting, this is the procedure.

after that, to work as “normal” DRL you must connect black wire to Battery - (negative) and Red wire to battery ACC +, and White wire to Dimming(Headlight or other Lights +) in my case white wire I did not connect it and works perfectly.
As you can see in the photos. Red wire is connected to the fuse Nº 9 7.5 Amp ( METER2), but the correct thing would be to connect it to fuse Nº 19 or 28 (H/L RH or H/L LH, Headlight)...in any way and it is working well. Engine Auto part Vehicle Electronics

Electronics Eye shadow Eye Technology Human body

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mazda Mazda cx-5

#6 ·
Hi Tilroh,
I bought the same DRL and I just installed it, so first of all you will need to snip the little triangular tangs on the mounting, this is the procedure.

after that, to work as “normal” DRL you must connect black wire to Battery - (negative) and Red wire to battery ACC +, and White wire to Dimming(Headlight or other Lights +) in my case white wire I did not connect it and works perfectly.
As you can see in the photos. Red wire is connected to the fuse Nº 9 7.5 Amp ( METER2), but the correct thing would be to connect it to fuse Nº 19 or 28 (H/L RH or H/L LH, Headlight)...in any way and it is working well.

Attachments

#7 ·
Thanks for the confirmation on the snipping. I was hesitant to cut bits off my wife's new car even thought I did some minor snipping for the mud flap install.
I'll give this another go on the weekend.
Thanks again!
Mack

#8 · (Edited)
Hey Guys I'm looking to purchase those over here in France from China

The thing is our CX3 does not have factory front fog lights.

Do you have any pictures of the mouting part of your installation ?

How do you figure it will look with no fog light ? Just a hole in the middle ?

Also, did you purchase the Orange turn signal ones or just the white ones ?

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.