Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my CX-3 in March and still only have about 1800 miles on it. So far I am happy with it, but am missing the power of my 2006 Subaru Legacy GT. I am leasing so in 3 years I may step up to another Mazda or ????.

I have tinted the windows, put on Factory front splash guards, added all weather floor matts and some fancy leather key covers. Still have to install the rear splash guards, just haven't gotten around to it yet. I am currently getting 25 MPG with all city driving which is an improvement over the Legacy.

I liked that this vehicle had adequate in town power and the handling, not as sporty as the Legacy but pretty good especially for the class of car.

I would have preferred a different color but this was the only Grand Touring model they had and my car was already sold privately so I needed a vehicle, I would have considered a Mitsubishi Outlander Sport but the dealer here had none coming for months.

Still forming my opinion of this vehicle and the Mazda product at this point, but it is serving its purpose as a daily commuter right now.

Attachments

·
Registered
893 Posts
Welcome and congrats! The black color looks gorgeous.

I think you'll come to really appreciate and love certain things about this car and Mazda as a whole, such as best auto transmission (in my opinion), excellent handling, beautiful design, etc. And of course you will probably wish Mazda did better on this car, such as the center console and lack of storage. Overall, I think you're really going to like this car.

·
Registered
871 Posts
You got the best color offered lol. I think the CX3 looks sharp in black.

I'd love another 30hp, especially if I lived somewhere with wide open roads. However its adequate for the city.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks DJ and greaseman! I Lived in the Seattle area in the early 90s and have been to DC on occasion, last time was June of 01, stayed in the Best Western Pentagon so we could look out the window and see it. Agreed on the center console design, needs improvement!

I do like the looks of black just not how hard it is to keep looking nice. It shows everything. I plan on adding the roof rails and a carrier or rack to help with storage when needed. And will be looking for power mods. My Legacy was Cobb Stage 1 and was a lot of fun! Another 50 HP in this car would be sufficient, When I want to pass I want to pass, and this one just doesn't have the needed gusto. I wish we had the diesel options here in the US, I probably would have went that route.

·
Registered
893 Posts
For passing traffic, in the city, it's actually quite capable. On the highway though, forget about it lol. I agree, I think a bit more power would've been great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.