Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got it in one of those automatic car washes probably because of the pressure.Im hoping if I wash it at home it doesent happen anymore.
My warranty is over so I’m out of luck there.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Ive gone through quite a few and even wash bay pressure washed it myself numerous times and never once got moisture in the rear tailight. I would suggest checking the gasket if you are comfortable removing the tailight assembly or if there is any visible damage on the outer lense itself. Worst case, you might have lost the sealant lottery where the silicone(?) adhesive is weak on the outer lense cover allowing it to just edge in a bit to evaporate and condensate over time. If its the last one, I would avoid pressure washes or just tab some clear sealant on the edges of the tailight which is not visible when installed.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have the same, but warranty refused about 18 months ago, on principle I refuse to do it at my labor and/or parts cost.

Now when I detail the car and get the inevitable comments, I am quick to point out the flaw and also indicate that it was refused on warranty.

Funny how a $20 item can damage brand perception ;)

Still enjoy my CX-3 and lack of any 'serious' flaws so far, but really Mazda, c'mon you make your own cars look bad.

zoom-drip-drip-zoom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts