Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019 CX 3 Touring
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at my 2019 CX3 air intake scoop and wondering where it gets the fresh air from, I thought I could cut an opening in front of it it and make a periscope to get fresh air from the front of the grille, has anybody done this?

·
Registered
573 Posts
It gets its air from the engine bay really around where the snorkle area is. If you run a tube down at the grille to get a direct air line shoved in you are also risking rain/snow etc also going in when driving highway speeds etc.

·
Registered
2019 CX 3 Touring
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It gets its air from the engine bay really around where the snorkle area is. If you run a tube down at the grille to get a direct air line shoved in you are also risking rain/snow etc also going in when driving highway speeds etc.
I wasn´t planning on connecting it directly, just bring the air from under that shelf to the front of the snorkle. my previous car, a Honda Fit 2009 has a scoop/duct under the hood that collects fresh air from the front of the grille and takes it to the firewall which is where the beggining of the intake is but it´s not connected direct either, it just dumps the air in the vecinity of the intake opening.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I wasn´t planning on connecting it directly, just bring the air from under that shelf to the front of the snorkle. my previous car, a Honda Fit 2009 has a scoop/duct under the hood that collects fresh air from the front of the grille and takes it to the firewall which is where the beggining of the intake is but it´s not connected direct either, it just dumps the air in the vecinity of the intake opening.
Wondering if you have any update on this. 😊

1 - 5 of 5 Posts