Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What Mobile 1 oil filter is correct for the CX3 engine? I checked the Mobile 1 site and called their technical service line. No information was available. Would the same filter from the Mazda 3 2.0 engine be applicable to the CX3?

Thanks in advance for all replies.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Ask the dealer service dept, i am sure they can tell you what they use. Car comes with the first oil change free.

Please post your experience with changing your own oil. I like to do this myself when i can. I am curious how accessible the drain and filter are. I don't change the oil in my wife's 4Runner because the filter is up in the engine instead of underneath it.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Whats the service interval on the CX-3?

I've only had to have my x1 serviced once in the past 31 months of ownership (next service is due next month).

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My CX3 GT came from Hiroshima with Castrol 0W20 synthetic oil. The recommended oil weight is listed in the owners manual and is specified on the engine. The service department stated the oil is synthetic and they will use Castrol for the first free oil change. I have used Mobile One synthetic oil and filters for years in my Miata and prefer to stay in the Mobile brand.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Clarification... The previous response applies to a US purchased CX3. The Castrol 0W20 synthetic oil may be applicable to US shipped CX3s only.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts