Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Just picked up my new CX-3! Finally! I have a question about mileage.

How long for everything to get worked in until my mileage starts getting better? Its pretty bad as of now so I am hoping that when it gets worked in a bit it gets better!

Thanks eveyone!

-ephil

·
Registered
106 Posts
Mine hasn't changed either, I'm still averaging around 26 mpg driving in heavy traffic.
I try to avoid rush hour(s) by leaving extra early (10 minutes costs about 20 minutes to ETA) or late. I am not OCD, but constantly check my MPG and get frustrated when it drops below 29 or so. Of course, it is better than my MS3 (which, purposely did not have the "SkyActive" logo) which averaged a solid 25.8mpg. Of course, with the much powerful engine, it thrived at 80mph whereas the CX-3 whimpers out above 70-75.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I avg 29 in mostly city driving. I have seen as high as 36 on highway trips.

I cant say its changed too much but the car definitely seemed to get a bit more peppy around 1000mi.

·
Registered
234 Posts
As your car starts to "tune" itself your mileage will start to average out better. I'm at 6k and do "spirited" driving around Madison and manage to average between 29-32 mpg. If you want a more accurate calculation on your mileage, calculate on your next fill up and see what you get compared to the computer. My computer for me anyways has a +/- 1mpg discrepancy which was surprising. Also this is based on using regular fuel, average outdoor temp of 75ish degrees F, and an average 25 mile commute per day.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you everyone.

I've been pushing my car pretty good lately so I know I've been guzzling fuel. Just having some fun with my new toy.

I'll keep track over the next few tanks and see how she does. hopefully it evens out pretty good.

Is there a big difference in fuel consumption from FWD and AWD? I have the AWD. I know there is a difference but not sure how much of one.

Thanks for everything!

~eP

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thank you everyone.

I've been pushing my car pretty good lately so I know I've been guzzling fuel. Just having some fun with my new toy.

I'll keep track over the next few tanks and see how she does. hopefully it evens out pretty good.

Is there a big difference in fuel consumption from FWD and AWD? I have the AWD. I know there is a difference but not sure how much of one.

Thanks for everything!

~eP
I have the AWD version and average 32.8 mpg in mixed highway/town driving.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts