Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really was interested in a FWD CX-3, but here in Upstate NY (and apparently the rest of the Northeast) there simply are no FWDs to be found. As others have said, the Northeast isn't getting any until at least next Spring, or possibly the 2017 model year.

So, I test drove an AWD model...twice. Sat in the one in the showroom numerous times. Talked to the sales staff at my local dealership...got initial pricing...etc.

They gave me a price (including trade) this past week that I thought was pretty good. I was still on the fence...not because I want to squeeze every last dollar out of them, but because I'm not sure if paying the extra money for the AWD (and the extra fuel) fits into our budget now better than it would in a few months.

Anyway, this morning, I took their offer and I asked for a tad bit more (really, not a lot more, but a little). We'll see their response. If it is a positive one, We might be in our CX-3 at the middle or end of next week.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Good work. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Unplug the rear diff cluctch connection if you want to save gas.
Really AWD is only Active during cornering, low temps, wheel slips, and wiper on. So you will save gas in non-adverse conditions.
Don't worry about it. You will retain more value with AWD car. Worth every penny.
Just don't forget to get snow tires. $80 for new Firestone Winterforce and $15 each for steelies at junk yards. I'll post my setup today for you to check out.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Or you could find that the AWD system in conjunction with the VSC saves your life if you screw up on a bend.

·
Registered
872 Posts
The AWD may also hold its resale value better making you better off when it comes time to sell. I understand it not being a need for some situations, but it sure is nice to have and the CX3 has a great AWD system.

·
Registered
75 Posts
As others have said, the AWD model will hold its value better, at least in your area. The gas mileage difference and the associated cost is negligible. I've been averaging just over 29mpg in mine with 75% city driving.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Agree with others about the AWD gas mileage. After 2000 miles I'm averaging 31.5 mpg in my AWD, mostly highway miles.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Let us know when you pick up your new CX-3. I'll be interested to hear how the negotiation ended up going down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts