·
Registered
114 Posts
Lewk
ROAD RASH
Lewk
This is the story of Aladdin's lamp " New lamps for old"

Every body make their car look nice when the put them up for sale,
My engine room space is always looking spotless.
You can blame any body for that .
Did you buy the car at your price or theirs.
Was their a warranty implied? or sold " as is where is"
They can say you " Got the car at your price".
if you did not see the damage they may not have seem it either.
i would be more concerned with the service records
The give away is at tire preparation to make look like new
Just think if you go to Vagus with a million you may come with zero you will have a problem fixing that .
Your car's minor damage can be fixed or replaced ,lick you woulds an move on.
You can get aluminum putty in a tube for the rim .
If you got a good price deal in the first place; buy two new tires balance the wheels fit them to the front wheels only.
CX3
Bermuda

·
Registered
114 Posts
Two new replacements was my second option
You sir can stand tall ,there are times in life the torment is just not worth it.

Just bag and keep the good tire for spare .

If and when you may come to sell the car don't forget to wax it and by all means put something on the tires.

By the way i took a small chunk out of my off side front wheel which i can fix behind the cooks back.

Going into battle you may loose a few Submarines and a Destroyer at least you get to keep the heavy cruiser .

CX3 The most beautiful red on the planet.
Some where in Bermuda.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Thanks all who replied, was going to replace all the tires because i found a chunk missing from sidewall and Costco had crossclimate 2 in oem size.
Once you have driven them for a while give us an update and a review of your impressions.

·
Registered
114 Posts
UPDATES AND REVIEWS.
There are Many people in the tire business who are or should be more than capable of giving opinions on Youtube on their experiences with tires theu have much to gain or loose if by giving the wrong or biased information.
We are dealing with a consumer or consunable item here.
Do we really know how long we are going to live because it is all a big gamble !
On the other side of their dine it will alway be the driver skills who determine the life span and the efficiency of any tire.
However. may I congratulate Michelin for all the work they do testing their products may be the day will come when tire will out last the car ,
However I doubt it.
CX 3 The dream car.
BERMUDA

·
Registered
121 Posts
I still like to hear personal experiences, so I'm interested in how @Lewk feels these tires work on the CX-3.

Professional testers can be swayed by freebies from the manufacturer to give a positive review. It's happened before and I'm sure it continues to happen. I also take Youtubers with a grain of salt because you just never know what their agenda is.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Could I ask why people are referimg to Original equipment manufacturer when discussing tyres surely if you fit the recommended size it doesn't matter what you fit it's personal choice.

·
Registered
114 Posts
UPDATES AND REVIEWS.
There are Many people in the tire business who are or should be more than capable of giving opinions on Youtube on their experiences with tires theu have much to gain or loose if by giving the wrong or biased information.
We are dealing with a consumer or consunable item here.
Do we really know how long we are going to live because it is all a big gamble !
On the other side of their dine it will alway be the driver skills who determine the life span and the efficiency of any tire.
However. may I congratulate Michelin for all the work they do testing their products may be the day will come when tire will out last the car ,
However I doubt it.
CX 3 The dream car.
BERMUDA
CAR COMPARISONS
I was looking at Rolls Royce Ghost on You Tube earlier to day, so ! I thought that I would compare it with the CX3.

the Rolls has a 3 spoke small steering , we got that fancy wheel, a lush carpeted boot and drive area like the CX3 , we have black bath mats which are ideal , and keeps the place quiet .
When the doors open a light come on , and we have rain sensing wipers so far nothing different.
I did notice The Rolls had low profile tires what next, and a little bit of chrome here and there, both car can get up to 55.9 mph and each have some USB ports .
i did notice that there were some similar body lines but not as flowing as on the CX3.
they got a fridge an two wine / champagne glasses .
We do have some plastic mugs i have been saving in the kitchen they are on the top shelf.
Ii don't care for that funny stuff as it makes my head hurt i am struggling as it is just now
The car caters for a chauffeur, that me .
Oh! you can cross you legs in the back seat ,.
iIam supprised that the dont have a bed in there with"my pillows".
You don't want to look at the ceiling they got stars up there. we got two big square lights
Code:
~~ check mate !
I guess we guys are very lucky.
 oh ! just  one more thing the Rolls come off as  a hand made/ hand powered  assembly line.
 I  did not see any bots, just Heinz and   Alex with electric  torque screw guns.

We come here with nothing and leave here with nothing

LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT 

May be we all need to lighten up a little

CX 3  A soul red  one in Bermuda  and one  of the most beautiful cars ever made
just for me .

·
Registered
114 Posts
Two new replacements was my second option
LEWK
You are doing the right thing, by always putting the best of the 4 tire on the front as not all tire wear the same rate .
There must be thousands of car wrecks out there because of faulty tires .
You sir set a good example to the rest of us.

CX3 All that glitters is not gold ,it's Executive Red in the fourth dimension.

just had it 3 rd birthday last year.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts