Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good evening everyone,
Yesterday I wanted to check if there were any updates to the Nav maps. When I opened my Toolbox it wanted to install a new version. BTW running Windows 10. I declined and it would not load. So I allowed it to. I was at version 4.3.0.0 and was forced to upgrade to version 4.4.2002103123. I opened the Toolbox and it connected to the server and I inserted my Mazda SD card and nothing happened. I mean it did not recognize my card nor ask me to log on. The only thing I noticed was that the app window would flicker every 10 seconds or so. I also have an XP PC and tried a different version of the toolbox and it would load but then state that the service was unavailable. Any ideas I'm more than willing to try.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Good evening everyone,
Yesterday I wanted to check if there were any updates to the Nav maps. When I opened my Toolbox it wanted to install a new version. BTW running Windows 10. I declined and it would not load. So I allowed it to. I was at version 4.3.0.0 and was forced to upgrade to version 4.4.2002103123. I opened the Toolbox and it connected to the server and I inserted my Mazda SD card and nothing happened. I mean it did not recognize my card nor ask me to log on. The only thing I noticed was that the app window would flicker every 10 seconds or so. I also have an XP PC and tried a different version of the toolbox and it would load but then state that the service was unavailable. Any ideas I'm more than willing to try.
Thanks in advance.

Just did the same thing for the same result - forced me to update and now it won't recognise the card. Hopefully there is a fix coming soon.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to hear that you got hit as well but happy it wasn't just me screwing up something. I'm sure there are many others. I'm going to give them a call tomorrow and see if I can get any answers. The number I'm going to call is 1-800-430-0152. I'll update the thread with any info I get.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Updated mine a month ago on a Mac, and I think it did OK.

I haven't checked the version, and judging from this thread, maybe I shouldn't. ;-)

·
Registered
451 Posts
Updated mine a month ago on a Mac, and I think it did OK.

I haven't checked the version, and judging from this thread, maybe I shouldn't. ;-)
I updated mine a month ago as well and it updated successfully to 4.4 (Mac). I noted, however, that it is a 32 bit application and Apple will soon be switching to 64 bit only architecture. So another update is probably in the works very soon.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update. I contacted the customer support but the were of no help. They suggested I go to my local dealer and have them update the SD. They stated they have had many similar complaints. I'm so impressed.
Anyways hsdejong could you please tell me what computer you are using and software. Maybe it'll give me an idea how to solve my issue. Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks that's exactly what I have. There must be something different in my Windows install. Was wondering if anyone knows how to disable the forced update. That might solve my problem.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I am experiencing the exact same thing. Updated mazda toolbox to the latest. My computer doesnt recognize my sat nav card. I tried it in my 3 computers and one of them is running windows 7 and the other ones are windows 10.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I thought I'd check my SD card today, in case there was a new map update, and now wished I hadn't.

Toolbox said it had an update and did I want to install it - stupidly I clicked on yes :( It installed the later version but then brought up a Check for Upates box which had a green line scrolling back and forth for about 10 seconds before reporting an error with an ! within a yellow coloured triangle and the text SELF_UPDATE_CONNECTION_ERROR. Clinking on the Ok button the error box disappears but then clicking on the Toolbox icon again it runs through exactly the same Check for Updates process and comes up with the same error. I tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling the Toolbox software but it made no difference.

Will be reporting the problem to Mazda Customer Support UK for an answer. Mazda might make great cars, but the navigation related software they use is *!%*!*

Note: My PC is running Windows 10 64bit latest edition.

Edit 31-8: Retried the Toolbox software today - it didn't throw up the Check for Updates loop / failure and worked fine. Guess it was a problem yesterday with the servers hosting the Toolbox software.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry, yes you're right. My cut and paste was wrong. I was able to perform a complete update but had to exit after 4 hours. Still works perfectly. Performed the same update on my backup SD. They must have gotten so many complaints that they fixed their software. Bravo.

·
Registered
303 Posts
As I near the end of the "free update" period, I can tell you I have no desire to pay for what I've seen with this system.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I downloaded and ran the "new" Mazda Toolbox. Took several times to get the update downloaded; kept stopping and saying server error, try again. Then it said 100% d/l ed but froze up... Closed the Toolbox against its advice and restarted, luckily it said 100% d/l ed and proceeded to install the update (finally). A lot of work to update the maps... I hope Mazda can sort this out before the NEXT update, wow.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I downloaded and ran the "new" Mazda Toolbox. Took several times to get the update downloaded; kept stopping and saying server error, try again. Then it said 100% d/l ed but froze up... Closed the Toolbox against its advice and restarted, luckily it said 100% d/l ed and proceeded to install the update (finally). A lot of work to update the maps... I hope Mazda can sort this out before the NEXT update, wow.
UPDATE: in spite of all the problems getting the update installed, all works fine. We have taken a couple of short trips and the maps work great.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts