Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mazda is in a bit of a strange situation when you look at their 2015 Q1 report. Though sales have increased over the first three months of 2015, profits have fallen. This is largely due to more being spent on marketing and factory startup costs, as well as foreign exchange losses.

Mazda released a statement that in the fiscal fourth quarter that ended March 31, its global operating profit dropped by 11% to 50.9 billion yen ($425.5 million). In the quarter, the Japanese brand’s net income slipped 53% to 27.3 billion yen ($228.2 million).
Mazda spent quite a bit of money promoting the Mazda2 hatchback and the CX3 crossover. And its not like Mazda can do much about the value of the yen.

Mazda should be able to bounce back from this since marketing costs will subside moving forward, and sales should increase, as they did in North America by 2% in the fourth quarter.

Much more detail here --> Mazda?s profits fall in Q1 2015 due to high marketing, startup costs

·
Registered
275 Posts
They'll see some great sales numbers come in with the release of the CX-3.
Mazda 3 did well for them following release but that seems to have died off, not sure what the current state of that is currently.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Basically Mazda just wants to see that that marketing spending will pay itself back. I think it will.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Declining profits really isn't even that bad. They made less money than last year in the same quarter largely because they spent more. If it was because they were selling a lot less, it would be a different story. I don't think Mazda is worried at all. They are excited to be investing in brand new products.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Declining profits really isn't even that bad. They made less money than last year in the same quarter largely because they spent more. If it was because they were selling a lot less, it would be a different story. I don't think Mazda is worried at all. They are excited to be investing in brand new products.
Very true. Declining sales would raise a lot of concern because once that downwards trend starts, it's clear what that is signaling.

Marketing, depending on how well its done can have either a short or long 'after life', the latter is what i'm hoping for as they have GREAT products.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I still think that they should bring back "ZOOM ZOOM".

DO they still play that riff at the end of their commercials? Man does that get stuck in your head.

·
Registered
265 Posts

DO they still play that riff at the end of their commercials? Man does that get stuck in your head.
that doesn't seem to be something that will die
seen it used on their website recently and it's part of the brand, it defines the brand.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I'm glad to see that. That is the first thing I think of with Mazda. That and the Miata.

·
Registered
98 Posts

Sometimes the only way I can explain the driving experience with my Mazda3 is...

...'zoom, zoom'

;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.