Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone here know the Mazda part number for the Lower Door Chrome Moldings (Garnish) featured on the Grand Touring CX-3?

I've seen postings on Ebay for them, but they are all from China. I'm assuming there must be a way to get the 'genuine' Mazda version used on the Grand Touring but haven't seen them come up anywhere.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone here know the Mazda part number for the Lower Door Chrome Moldings (Garnish) featured on the Grand Touring CX-3?

I've seen postings on Ebay for them, but they are all from China. I'm assuming there must be a way to get the 'genuine' Mazda version used on the Grand Touring but haven't seen them come up anywhere.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
While the OEM part may very well be sourced from China, your dealer's parts department should give it to you.

Otherwise, various online dealers can help.

Yet again I'll express my lament that parts diagrams and part numbers are not readily available online.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I found the parts at a Mazda dealer

Unfortunately, I found out you can't just "add" the lower chrome garnish because the original part is embedded in the black plastic cladding. So you have to remove the black plastic from front and rear doors and replace that with the new combination of black plastic with chrome. Cost? Approximately $500 US not including installation which includes removing the original with some special do-hickey that was described to me by the parts sales guy. I think I'll wait until the sill looks worn or scratched before I shell out $500+; or at least wait to see what pops up in after market parts (so far nothing but a very thin cheap strip made of 3 pieces.)

·
Registered
745 Posts
Unfortunately, I found out you can't just "add" the lower chrome garnish because the original part is embedded in the black plastic cladding. So you have to remove the black plastic from front and rear doors and replace that with the new combination of black plastic with chrome. Cost? Approximately $500 US not including installation which includes removing the original with some special do-hickey that was described to me by the parts sales guy. I think I'll wait until the sill looks worn or scratched before I shell out $500+; or at least wait to see what pops up in after market parts (so far nothing but a very thin cheap strip made of 3 pieces.)
Those that got the chrome, wanna' black it ... those that don't, gotta' have it!

I guess that's what makes the world go 'round ... the greater the differences the greater the gains, as we used to say in international trade class ... someone needs to set up a rocker panel switch party ...

Me, I'm happy with my chrome strip ... my rationalization for installing the complimentary aluminium roof rails :--)

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I can only access the parts catalogue from my desktop computer but I've already looked at this. I don't believe they are embedded but can't be sure. I priced them up for my CX-5.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Believe it!

I went to the parts department of Culver City Mazda in L.A. and spoke with the parts manager. Together we looked at the parts catalogue and we both saw the chrome piece combined with the black cladding - listed as one piece, priced as one piece; all four combined totaled about $500 US.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts