Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Very ambitious project, im curious how to you mounted it to the frame.
Also for reference:
The closest to any sort of front light bar Ive come across that does not involve license plate mounts

Most stable method of lifting currently is the tanabe springs from this thread also

·
Registered
657 Posts
It definitly helps with over all clearance and approach angles but depends how close it was to begin with. Because theres no radical change in height or bumper length theres a limit to how much the springs help but it definitly is better than oem height in my case considering I would scratch curbs parking originally haha.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Air suspensions are mainly for lowering/comfort nowadays for these types of vehicles and would require heavy modification to mounting points of the suspension since sadly cx3 didnt get much aftermarket love at all. The cx3 is treated as the same as a mazda 2 a city pavement only hatch vehicle regardless of how it looks so offroading was never the intention for parts. My overall setup to help with this was the height from the springs, downsizing to 16" wheels from 18, going with larger tires (gives a bit more height in addition to grip) and then playing with tire pressure depending on terrain. These 3 changes were primarily for offroad usage and has served me well as long as I don't abuse it past its limits. The factory version would not be able to survive under these conditions without possible damage and scratches so theres that if anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts