Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
2018, Mazda CX-3 FWD
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking all over to find a nudge bar for my little beast, but couldn't find one or the one's that are available are not good looking at all. I've then decided to make one for myself. Had it on a month then my landlord drove into it. This past weekend we drove on a horrible road that ended up hurting the nudgebar a bit more. I'm taking it off Thursday and going to do a few repairs and also a few upgrades to it.

The long term goal is to add a set of spot lights on the bar. We also busy building a front runner roofrack for it to host a roof tent. I'm also building an arm that goes onto the back to host a spare wheel so I can utilize the boot space where the spare is now to host the extra battery and 12V system. Ideally I would like to lift the car too but really struggling to find anything that really lifts the car a bit. Stuff just taking time to build as I can only do it in my spare time that is non existing at the moment due to work.

Some feedback would really be appreciated
Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Plant

Automotive parking light Vehicle registration plate Tire Wheel Sky

Tire Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Wheel Grille

Automotive parking light Land vehicle Tire Car Vehicle

Registered
2018, Mazda CX-3 FWD
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your comment. I actually had a read through the article just now before you replied. You still got the spring setup on yours? Does it make a difference in approach angle? Found that that is the main issue. Has quite a bit of a long nose 馃槅.

Regarding mounting, i build it to sortoff fold over the bumper and then bolt onto the chassis points. With the upgrade now I want to add something a bit higher up to also help with vibrations and movement on it.

Registered
2018, Mazda CX-3 FWD
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I drive horrible roads quit often and also with our tours, the misses and I, we drive places where it is kinda needed to have a little bit more clearance and angles. Nothing very hectic and big 4wd are needed but places where a Golf GTI won't be able to get.

Someone mentioned to me to look at air suspension, I know things have changed over the years but can't find much on it with our cars except people using it to drop them lower to the tarmac.

Was even thinking of looking if a set of CX-5 shocks and the works won't fit

Registered
2018, Mazda CX-3 FWD
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That helps a lot thank you very much. I also went with the 16" wheels with larger tyre wall and have a set of AT tyres on. Just need a little bit more clearance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts