Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
161 - 180 of 227 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
OK, look at my First Post in this thread, down the bottom it tells you what to do in red.
I will message you with what to do now.

I have seen too many people brick CMU by doing to direct latest 74 firmware from 59 or below.
Mazda USA recommends the TWO File update process if below 55, Mazda Europe is below 59.

I recommend ANYONE on or Below 59.00.XXXX to do the TWO File update Process, YES it takes longer but I have never had anyone brick their CMU provided they follow Genuine Mazda .Pdf instructions to the letter, and READ all the WARNINGS included in the link....what to do is all there in link provided to you in message.
Hi, just making my first post.
I'm coming from version 51.00.351. Which 2 files do I need to update?

· Registered
1 Posts
OK, look at my First Post in this thread, down the bottom it tells you what to do in red.

I have seen too many people brick CMU by doing to direct latest 74 firmware from 59 or below.
Mazda USA recommends the TWO File update process if below 55, Mazda Europe is below 59.

I recommend ANYONE on or Below 59.00.XXXX to do the TWO File update Process, YES it takes longer but I have never had anyone brick their CMU provided they follow Genuine Mazda .Pdf instructions to the letter, and READ all the WARNINGS included in the link....what to do is all there in link provided to you in message.
New member and wanting to upgrade firmware. Will PM you when forum allows me to

· Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I'm trying to install Firmware v55 from v51 in my Mazda 3 2014. My current version si 51.00.351, music db 00.04.0000 and fail safe 51.00.351. Can someone help me to choose which version of v55 I should get and which country version I should get because im not in any of the countries provided (US, EU, JP, Aus). And if you can also send me the firmware file because I cannot find it anywhere. Thanks a lot

· Registered
2 Posts
Hello ASH8, I recently upgraded my Mazda 3 to enable Apple CarPlay and Android Auto functionality. Everything is working great but I would like to upgrade my Mazda Connect to the latest firmware released for North America. The current firmware that I found on another forum and am running is 70.00.335C. I believe the latest firmware released for North America is now 74.00.324A NA. Would you be able to provide me with a link to download the newer firmware file? Thanks in advance for your help and support!

· Super Moderator
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·
Note..
VERSIONS (numbers) of Firmware to Now Install as the Policy and Procedure Has Changed!

The FINAL Install Procedure is now Only a 1 (one) File Install...
(For All Mazda Models already with .up Firmware in use)

IF YOUR MAZDA CX-3 has .up FIRMWARE VERSION Number ON or ABOVE
55.00.650A (for NA N or North America) or
the 56.00.100 (for EU N or 4A N) Europe/UK and Australia/NZ and Middle East etc.
or 58.00.310A or any 59.00.502A or 59.00.650A,
or any 70's Firmware like 70.00.021A, 70.00.100A or 70.00.110 or
70.00.150A or 70.00.335C or 70.00.367A or 74.00.230A or 74.00.311A.

THEN YES YOU CAN UPDATE DIRECTLY to 74.00.324A for the LATEST FIRMWARE.

You now NO LONGER Need to also Update with the pair of
70.00.100A Firmware Files First Before updating to the FINAL 74.00.xxxx.

This is now a SINGLE FILE (1) ONLY INSTALLATION for
YOUR REGION or COUNTRY,

MUST USE EITHER ONE of...

NA N_74.00.324A-UPDATE.UP (North America ONLY)
or
EU N_74.00.324A -UPDATE.UP (Europe/UK)
or
4A N_74.00.311A-UPDATE.UP (ADR, AU. NZ, ME, Asia) (the 74.00.324A for 4A N is NOT AVAILABLE Yet)

THIS IS THE LATEST GENUINE FIRMWARE CURRENTLY AVAILABLE
FROM MAZDA JAPAN As Of December 30th, 2022.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hey ASH8, thanks for all your hard work and great guide to update our CMUs, it's amazing. :D

I would like a download for the EU N_74.00.324A firmware :) I bought a used 2016 Mazda 3 a couple days ago and want to update the firmware to get android auto and make it more stable.

Thanks for making this possible.

· Registered
1 Posts

Hey ASH8,
I like a few others dont have enough random messaging to DM you, but would like an NA 74 firmware update link if possible - cant find it anywhere else - all public linked servers have been removed. So thank you so much for dong this for the rest of us!

Best,
Gleaj522

161 - 180 of 227 Posts